Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Love You

Hello there!
Are you playing along with Papertrey Ink's January Blog Hop?!Blog-hop-logo
The moment I saw the yummy inspiration photo I jumped on board!!!
Blog Hop Inspiration

I have to admit... I had a dozen ideas floating around my head! The card I created below is the one I like best...
I started off with some watercolored cardstock. I masked the paper with some washi tape and watercolored stripes with black soot distress ink. After I removed the washi tape and the paper dried I used Avery Elle's wonky stitches die to cut the panel. I  used the sentiment from the PTI set, Say It With Style. I stamped the sentiment with black ink from memento. 
I stamped and fussy cut the flowers and leaves from the set Stitches & Swirls, PTI. I used Copic Markers in shades YG63, YG67, R81, R83 and R85 to add color. I added some white accents with a gel pen.
I used a scalloped die from Mama Elephant to trim the middle panel. For the finishing touch I scattered some clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. 
I am also linking up with Happy Little Stampers January Challenge

 
Thanks for stopping by for a peek!!!
I can't wait to see what you create!

Michelle

27 comments:

DIANA L. said...

This came out amazing I love your design and the pretty stitched flowers.

Julia Aston said...

A lovely softer color design from the inspiration photo - beautiful watercoloring on your flowers!

Annheidel said...

So pretty! I love the soft colors.

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful card - love the soft watercoloring!

Linda said...

Lovely soft version of the challenge.

samantha's cards said...

I love how you used a softer tone . Great take on the challenge photo.

Melanie MacKenzie said...

This is just so soft and lovely. What a great take on the inspiration photo.

Monika Reeck said...

You really have detailed at your flower coloring
adorable made Michelle
love your card
see you on my Blog hop card...this is my first time to joining yay I am so excited :)
hugs
Monika

dbjhudson said...

I am loving this card and the Stitches and Swirls stamps and how you used them.

Jill Norwood said...

So beautiful!!!!! Love the soft colors!

Skrater said...

This is a beautiful card with wonderful details!

Rosemary said...

beautiful take on the inspiration photo, michelle!!

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful design.

Marcia HIll said...

Lovely, lovely card Michelle! Love those bold stripes and your water colored flowers are SO pretty! You aced this challenge!! :0)

Scrappin4kim(Jennifer) said...

Very pretty Michelle, love the watercolor!!

Lisa Elton said...

This is PRETTY PRETTY Michelle!

Leigh Penner said...

Super pretty card!

bj martin said...

Pretty - love the soft colors!

lainey said...

This card is so pretty with your grey stripes and pink stitched flowers. I like everything you did on it - it's certainly a work of art!

Maria said...

Beautiful card with the soft colors! Love those pretty flowers and great way to make the stripes!!

Diana K said...

So beautiful! I love your soft watercoloured elements (I'm a goner for grays) and die cutting the panel with that cute wonky stitched die was the perfect finishing touch. Love this!

Inkyfingers said...

I love your soft watercolouring and the flowers look so good against the background. Love the white pen work on the flowers - it adds so much!
Thanks for sharing with at Happy Little Stampers.
Hugs
Carolx

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at ATSM, good luck!!! Amy DT

Cindy Boney said...

Fantastic design and card! Love the delicate layers you created and the sentiment is perfectly matched with your wonky flowers! Well done!

Gloria Lee said...

Love your soft color! So beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers January Watercolour challenge! Gloria xx

Aileen Ryan said...

Beautiful card Michelle, love how you have used these flowers. They look so delicate and pretty with your painted background.

Rema said...

Awesome card and design! Thanks for playing along with us at ATSM.