Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Hugs

Hello there crafters!
Hope you are enjoying a peaceful start to the new year❣❣
All is good here❣❣

I have had some down time during the day and jumped right into my craft room (AKA my kitchen)!!!
I am playing along with a few challenges....L💖VE when that happens!!!


I went right for a stamp set that has a warm cup of coffee, Paper Smooches Hot Concoctions. 
I stamped the steamy cup of coffee with black ink from Memento and colored it with Copic Markers in shades BG000, E000 and E40. I added some white accents with a gel pen. I die cut the sentiment hugs... which is what it feels like when I drink coffee (hehe), using My Favorite Things sending hugs die cuts and their silver glitter cardstock.

I stamped the background with Paper Smooches Stamp Set, Natural Beauties and used soft brown and soft sand inks from Hero Arts. I shaded them in with Copics in shades E40, E41 and E43. I added some more white accents with a gel pen. I die cut the frame with Avery Elle's Wonky Stitches die. 

I embellished the card with white cord from Michaels, a Recollections doily die cut, and scattered some sequins from Lucy's Little Shop. 
I followed the sketch from Can You Case It...
143

and the photo from The Card Concept...my style is classy and elegant

Thanks for stopping by for a peek!!!!

Michelle

13 comments:

Lisa said...

I like the neutrals and the cluster of sweetness Michelle! This is so pretty!

~amy~ said...

Oh mIchelle, this is gorgeous. Love the neutral palette!

Amber said...

This card packs a PUNCH with subtle color but major WOW factor! I love it! Thanks for playing along with us over at Can You Case It! ~Amber

Jerrie said...

Your card looks so soft and comforting. Like the cup of coffee after the kids get on the bus and the house is quiet!

Julie Gearinger said...

Wow, Michelle- love this card! The neutrals are perfect with the coffee theme and the pop of silver is so elegant! Plus all of the other details are just perfect as well :-) Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept- hugs and have a blessed week!

Eva Bussom said...

Fabulous design! Thanks for joining CYCI :) Eva

Maria said...

Beautiful coffee themed card using neutral color! Very pretty stamped background and love the glittery sentiment!

Crystal O. Minkler said...

Fantastic card, Michelle! I love your choice of colors and that cup is too cute! Thanks for playing along with us at CYCI! ~ Crystal

Lyn Bernatovich said...

I love the unexpected leaf design in the background! Very cleverly designed!

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous card...just gorgeous!

Susangail Powell said...

I love the soft neutrals you used - and your coloring is beautiful! The details on this card are what keep me coming back to just stare at it. Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

Michele K. Henderson said...

Gorgeous card, Michelle! I love the soft colors and that coffee cup is the perfect touch! Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept this week!
Michele

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a beautiful card! I love that you were inspired by the white and cream of the photo... and since the photo is of a winter scene... a hot cup of cocoa would def. make me feel cozy:) Great job! THANKS for playing along with us for the January "cozy" challenge:) <3