Friday, November 25, 2016

Merry Christmas

Hello there!
Hope you enjoyed a peaceful Thanksgiving with family and friends! I certainly did!!!

Today I am playing along with Papertrey Ink's November 2016 Blog Hop
Blog hop inspiration
I am drooling over this photo! I love these colors and my head was spinning with ideas but I could not execute what my mind envisioned😞
So, after three tries I decided to go with a CAS version...
I used two older sets from PTI, Winter Hills and Bells & Boughs. I lightly inked up the background with some Color Box ink in cyan.  Than I stamped the images with Hero Arts shadow ink in cup o' joe.
I fussy cut the house and added some color with Copic Markers in shades R81, R83, YR21, YG61, E40 and E44. I added some white accents with a gel pen.
To give it a shabby vintage look I added some glitter glass from Melissa Frances to act as snow...can't believe I hoard this stuff!!! A few sequins completes the card!

I am adding this to Addicted to Stamps and More

And also to Inkspirational 


Thanks for peeking!
Off to see what you created!

Michelle

24 comments:

Aileen Ryan said...

Michelle I love your card particularly that glitter snow. Its amazing those things we hold onto that one day are just perfect for what we need. Its a wonderful card an catchs so many of the colours and glitter from the inspiration photo.

Vicki Finger said...

This is so cute and I love the soft colors you used.

Carmela Hubler said...

This is so pretty. Love the pink house and the glitter.

Stella said...

Such a sweet take on the photo inspiration; your colouring is perfect!

Rosemary said...

beautiful take on the inspiration photo, michelle!! love the chunky glitter you used for the snow!!

Kara said...

so awesome! love it!!

Donna Phelan said...

So sweet! Loving the glitter glass!

Rema said...

Sweet card! Love the peaceful setting you've created.

Cindy Boney said...

Love your winter scene! So calm and peaceful!

artful-notions said...

Hi Michelle! I love your sweet wintery scene! so beautiful, and gorgeous layout. And which one of us admits to not hoarding?!?! I'd hate for you to see my stash... of just about everything! I always tell myself, 'I need that!' sigh... a hopeless craftaholic!

Judi G said...

Your card is so pretty! Love how you used the Winter Hills set and the soft oval for the background!

Jacquie Southas said...

Stunning card, Michelle! I everything about your design from the inked oval to thw sweet pink house and icey snow!

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful...lovely and sweet holiday scene. Just love that adorable wee snowman!

Marcia HIll said...

What a sweet, sweet card Michelle! I love this stamp set and your little scene is just perfect...especially love all that chunky glitter!! Well done!! :0)

Darnell J Knauss said...

Michelle, this is awe-mazing!! I absolutely love how you used the glitter glass as snow on your beautiful wintry scene!! Hugs, Darnell

Betty Wright said...

This is so lovely and serene! Beautiful created scene!

Brinda said...

An adorable card! Loooove the colours and the pretty scene!

~amy~ said...

THIS is sooooo pretty! Love the soft pink teamed up with the glitter glass snow...excellent.

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful scene! Wonderful coloring and I love the glitter glass snow!

Maria said...

Gorgeous soft winter scene with lovely color, Michelle! I do love the glitter glass snow, too...awesome touch! Happy to hear you and family had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

cm said...

I agree with all the others: a gorgeous wintry scene! The snowman in the yard makes me smile and oh, how pretty the chunky snow is! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the ATSM gallery!
~carol

Lisa said...

Oh my, this is one PRETTY card Michelle!! It's soft and dreamy. Beautifully done!!

Bobby said...

I love how you masked and inked the oval behind your darling scene, Michelle. The colors are so soft and pretty. I'm glad you shared your card with us at ATSM this week.

Kim M said...

Wonderful card! Such a lovely little scene you've created. Thanks for joining us over at Inkspirational! 😊