Monday, August 29, 2016

Happy Cake Day

Hello there!

Just a quick post to share with you and luckily it follows a few challenges...

Seize the Birthday...add a tag

and CAS on Sunday...balloons
CAS on Sunday
I was just playing around with the watercoloring technique...something I am not good at!!! I think the lighter the hand strokes the nicer the color blending is. I have a very heavy hand and just can't get it right...or to my liking!
I used a bunch of distress inks in shades mustard seed, picked raspberry, spiced marmalade and peacock feathers. I used the stamp set Cake Day from The Alley Way Stamps and stamped the images with black ink from Memento onto watercolored cardstock. I added some white accents with a gel pen and scattered some sequins from Little Things from Lucy's Card Shop. 
I die cut the back panel with Mama Elephants stitched scalloped rectangle die.  The tag die is from Avery Elle. The cord and mini clothespin are from Michaels.

Thanks for taking a peek!

Michelle

5 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

This is so fun! Super sweet take on the sketch!

Lisa said...

What a darling take on the sketch Michelle, this is so sweet!!

Colleen said...

Michelle, this is a very sweet card and perfect for all your challenges! I think you did a wonderful job with the water coloring. I love your tag with the clothes pin! Thank you for sharing this card at Seize the Birthday!

Zw@@n said...

Stunning card, Michelle. I really like your watercoloured background. Super cute stamps and gorgeous colours. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

Michelle said...

Beautiful colors/coloring...... love every little detail! Just perfect for CTS #187!