Sunday, August 14, 2016

Blessings...

Hello there!
Today I have the pleasure to be 

The theme this week at AAA Cards is blending

I decided to use a marker blending technique with Copic Markers.
I inked up some watercolor cardstock with blending markers than die cut the feather shapes...looks like this
For the yellow feather I used Y13, Y15, Y17
For the coral feather I used R11, R22, R24
For the pink feather I used R81, R83, R 85
For the aqua feather I used BG11, BG13, BG18
The feather dies are from Paper Smooches, Feather Dies and the sentiment from Verve Stamps, Bountiful Harvest. I used black ink from memento and scattered sequins from Little Things from Lucy's Cards shop. The stitched square die is from Lil' Inker Designs.
I added some wink of stella to the edges of the feathers for a bit of shimmer.

I am adding this card to CAS-ual Fridays...


I am also adding this card to Addicted to Stamps and More

Thanks for stopping by for a peek!
Hope you'll play along with AAA Cards!

Michelle

19 comments:

Jane said...

Fab technique and a super card, really love the feathers - great minds etc. So good to have you guesting with us at AAA Cards.

sandie said...

Fabulous design and love this technique, great to have you as GD x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Simply spectacular Michelle and a wonderful explanation of your technique! Beautifully done and thanks for being our guest designer for this challenge. X

Aileen Ryan said...

Stunning Michelle, love your colour choices. Perfect

Coralynn Murray said...

Fabulous blending on your feathers. We are excited to have you join us as a guest designer.

Jenni's Jems said...

Love the colours you have used and the sentiment is beautiful ...just like your card !x

Jenni's Jems said...

Love the colours you have used and the sentiment is beautiful ...just like your card !x

Lisa said...

I like your pretty feathers Michelle, this is a wonderful card!!

Karen Steele said...

This is a stunning card Michelle!

Miranda Mols said...

It's wonderful!

Martina Bartušková said...

Perfect cards! The color blend on the feathers is making the perfect look. You are really great at CAS. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More! Hope to see you back soon again.
Martina

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

beautiful, wonderful card. So great to have you with us as GDT! I love the placement of the feathers. Love the quote. Fantastic CAS.

Channin P. said...

Wow! This is so beautiful!! I love love your design and the beautiful colors! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

Ksenija said...

Beautiful card, Michelle. Love the watercolor effect you achieved with Copics. So glad you joined us as Guest Designer for this Game at AAA Cards. - Sweet Kobylkin

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Fabulous feather card! I love the card layout and the beautifully blended watercolored feathers. Great job! Thanks for sharing this lovely card with us at ATSM challenge blog--please join us again soon!
:) Marie--ATSM DT

Bonnie said...

Congratulations, Michelle! I love your feathers and that sentiment is wonderful!

Desperatehousewife Craft said...

Awesome card, thanks for showing the technique, I'll try it!

Arlene Rose said...

Love this card! I need to pull out my feather dies!!!

Mac Mable said...

Such beautiful blending and love the design x Thank you for the inspiration x