Friday, July 29, 2016

Hello, Birthday Girl

Hey there!
How are you all doing?
Any summer vacation plans?

Well, I'm stopping by to share some cards with you...and the challenges I am playing along with.

My daughter needed a birthday card for a friend so I whipped one up using a sketch and a theme! I used a bunch of products from My Favorite Things, balloon dies, square zig-zag stitched die, pattern paper and glitter cardstock and sentiment from BB Beary Special Birthday.

The large rectangle stitched die is Lil'Inker Designs. The enamel dots and wood sentiment are Recollections. A little aqua twine finished it off.

Also adding to Simon Says Stamp


*********************************************************************************

Next card,
All stamps and dies are My Favorite Things, scalloped stitched square dies, BB You Gnome Me, and LJD Spring Wreath. I embossed the background using two square dies. The image was stamped using black ink from Memento and colored with Copic Markers. 

I used the color palette from MFT Color Challenge

I added some white accents with a gel pen and applied a layer of glossy accents to the flowers and berries. I added a shadow to the sentiment with a Copic and scattered some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

I followed the sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch

Thanks for peeking!

Michelle

5 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are both so fun! I especially love your take on the CTS sketch with that sweet frame impressed into the background!

Lisa said...

I like the sparkly balloons on your first card Michelle! Your daughter's friend will too! Your take on the sketch is perfect. The embossed scallop frames are such a fun idea!!

Nancy said...

I wish I could whip something up with such great results! Love those balloons with the bold piece of black! Super card! I love your second card too! Love the inlays and that shoe! Thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Birthday!

debby4000 said...

Love both of your fabulous cards.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

JoAnn said...

I love both of your cards Michelle, especially the one with the glittery balloons. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.