Monday, March 7, 2016

Birthday Cards...

Hello there!!!

I don't want to jinx it but... we are enjoying some mighty fine weather here in NY!!! Yeah!!!!

I've been in a cheerful mood and wanted to create some cards that reflect that!

So, I'm playing along with the Paper Smooches monthly and guest design challenges...


I made two cards today, please bare with me.
I watercolored some cardstock than used the fringe die from Paper Smooches to create the tassels. After they were assembled I added some glitter to the ends. The sentiment stamps were from Paper Smooches, Sentiment Sampler. The enamel dots are from My Minds Eye. The gingham paper is from My Favorite Things, the polka dot paper is from MME.
I used watercolor paints from Artists Loft, Michaels.

My next card...
I followed the same color scheme as above and used watercolor technique. I die cut the feathers using Paper Smooches Feathers Dies than added glitter in coordinating colors to the tips.  The sentiments are from Sentiment Sampler and Word Salad, Paper Smooches. I splattered some paint onto the scalloped circle die from My Favorite Things.
 The twine is from Papertrey Ink, sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh, wood heart is from Studio Calico. 




Thanks for stopping by for a peek!!!

Michelle

8 comments:

~amy~ said...

These are simply gorgeous!!!

Lisa said...

Those festive tassels, colorful feathers and all the sparkle...what's NOT to LOVE about these two fantastic cards!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Oh my goodness!!! Love those tassels!!! Both cards are just gorgeous!!!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Fabulous cards - love them both!

Caryn said...

Soooo - that fringe die just went straight in my basket!!! What an amazing card - so unique - I love the feather one too - what a great BLOG!!!!

Thanks for joining in with at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Kim Heggins said...

These are all so fun!

Kelly S. said...

Those tassels are SO cool, love them!! Beautiful feathers, too!

Ashwini Rao said...

Oh, they are so lovely! Amazing cards, Michelle - they just stole my heart!