Monday, February 1, 2016

Paper Sweeties February 2016 Inspiration Challenge

Hello there!

It's a new month and time for a new inspiration challenge with Paper Sweeties
I decided to create some Valentine's Day cards with these sweet colors!
I have been seeing a lot of heart shaped floral wreaths popping up everywhere...from door wreaths to stamp wreaths. So I created a heart shape with flowers inside...
I used the Paper Sweeties stamp sets Pretty Posies, Make Today BeautifulParty Time and Hello Friend.
I am adding this to Just Us Girls (flowers, stamps, die cuts)

I created a second card with the same colors, just in different places.
For both cards, I started off by masking the heart and than stamped the flowers, leaves and vines. I stamped the images with black ink from memento than colored them with Copic Markers.
I lightly traced the heart outline than colored the heart background with Copics. I added some white accents with a white gel pen. I also added some dimension with layered flower centers.
I am adding this to The Paper Players (die cuts, pink, girly)

Hope you will join us and hop along to check out what the designers created!
Other supplies used: pattern paper from My Favorite Things, scallop die is from Mama Elephant, heart die is Spellbinders.
Come play along with Paper Sweeties!!!
February Guest Designer: Carrie Sheridan

Thanks for stopping by for a peek!

Michelle

17 comments:

Jill Norwood said...

Michele these are STUNNING! I adore them both and your coloring is so beautiful!

Michele Henderson said...

Wow, Michelle, these are all just gorgeous! I love the color combinations on each one, and your coloring and inking technique is amazing! LOVE it!
Take Care!
Michele

Mynn Kitchen said...

Michelle, these are STUNNING! Your coloring is absolutely beautiful! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Hetty said...

Oh that heart is stunning!

Maria said...

Oh, my!! How lovely and so creative, Michelle! Just love those gorgeous flowers within the heart!! Super lovely cards!!!

Jeri said...

WOW! I love these cards and such a grand idea to stamp the flowers in a heart. I'll be looking at my hearts and flowers in a whole new way.

My Crafty Place - Sharyn Polesel said...

I am loving the heart shaped florals....so pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING the flowers in the hearts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Debbie said...

Absolutely STUNNING, Michelle! WOWOWWOW!!! You are AMAZING :)

libleycraftsblog.com said...

Beautiful, stunning cards Michelle!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Beautiful coloring image! Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

Colleen Begley said...

Very pretty, Michelle. Thanks for joining us for the Paper Players this week.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Your cards are incredible!!!! Love the idea and the way they are colored!!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Simply beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Carrie Sheridan said...

Michelle, your cards are so pretty! I especially like how the decoupage on the flower centers! Thank you so much for your nice comment on my blog! I really enjoyed being the Guest Designer at PS this month! The inspiration photo had so many possibilities!
I've just become your newest follower and am hopeful you'd like to follow my blog, as well. It's http://carriescustomcards.blogspot.com

Nance said...

Super idea, Michelle! Love those floral hearts in different colors --- both gorgeous! Have a great weekend!

Cheryl said...

Michelle, I LOVE these cards! The masked hearts are beautiful, and I love that it creates a flat card for mailing.