Monday, January 25, 2016

You Make the World a Better Place

Hey there!

I bet you're playing along with Papertrey Ink's January Blog Hop
I have to be honest, I could not decide what I wanted to create.
There were so many ideas I just could not execute them precisely!
So, this is what I came up with...
I really liked the color combo and opted to go with circles. I used some Spellbinders dies as a stencil and inked up watercolor cardstock. I used distress inks in Peacock Feathers and Spiced Marmalade than added some splashes of water. I die cut the rectangle panel with Lil'Inker's stitched rectangle die.

My Papertrey Ink supplies are Lovely Layers stamps and dies, Year of Flowers: Roses sentiment, linen vellum, and rustic twine. I die cut the flower with vellum than embossed it with white powder. I added some mini sequins to the center and scattered some others. The sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh.

Can't wait to hop along and see what everyone created!

Thanks for taking a peek!!!

Michelle

17 comments:

lainey said...

Absolutely stunning!!!!

Julia Aston said...

A beautiful design! love the inking of the background and your lovely die cut flower in the vellum!

Keri said...

Beautiful! :)

Diana K said...

Total gorgeousness! Love this.

artful-notions said...

Just beautiful Michelle! Love the colors and the white Lovely Layers bloom!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love every element of your card, Michelle! Fabulous design.

Leigh Penner said...

This is so gorgeous, Michelle! I need to get out that Lovely Layers set ASAP...

Linda said...

So beautiful and elegant.

Vikki H, southern Oregon said...

your lovely layers flower with the wispy sentiment makes such a gorgeous card with the graphic background!!

Skrater said...

This is so lovely, and that flower! Gorgeous

Kathy said...

Such a lovely card, bright colors and soft embossing combined!

Lisa said...

Absolutely beautiful Michelle!!

libleycraftsblog.com said...

Stunning Michelle - this is just beautiful!

Aileen Ryan said...

Beautiful card Michelle, the colours look stunning and that bloom looks so good white embossed on vellum- all combines perfectly.

Marybeth said...

Hi Michelle! Oh my gosh your card design is gorgeous and what a fun take on the photo ! Love the white embossing on the vellum!

jan metcalf said...

Really nice interpretation of the inspiration! Love the embossed vellum!

Maria said...

Fab coloring and the vellum flower is so gorgeous!!