Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Paper Sweeties December Release - The Twelve Days of Christmas!

Hello there Paper Sweeties Fans!!!!
I'm so excited to be hosting Day 7 of the Paper Sweeties 12 Days of Christmas!!!!

Here is what's available for purchase right now in the Sweeties Shop!!!




This has been the most fun I have had creating Christmas cards!!!!
For this card I watercolored the background with peeled paint distress ink than die cut the tree several times to prop it up. Each tree layer was adhered together.
Than I stamped the ornament and drew the hook. I colored the ornaments with Copic Markers, added a white accent with a gel pen than painted some clear Wink of Stella over the ornaments.

I couldn't resist creating another card using the tree die...
This time I die cut the tree, trunk and star. I also used the banner die from Be Happy Sweet Cuts.
I inked up the banner and the background behind the tree with Colorbox ink in surf. I stamped the sentiment with black ink from Memento. Than I added some fun enamel dots in pastel colors! The pattern paper is My Mind's Eye, the glitter is Recollections.

This card makes me giggle evry time I look at it! 
I die cut the gingerbread men than embossed the faces, buttons and accents. I added some holly to this happy guy.
This poor guy has a bitten are and a frown...he was naughty!!! I preinted the sentiment frommy computer and used the banner die from Be Happy to cut the sentiment. 

And lastly, I needed a girly gingerbread card!!!
After I die cut the gingerbread I embossed her happy face and added some enamel dots for eyes and a bow for her head.
I trimmed a red doily for her outfit and adhered some buttons. I placed her on a white doily and adhered them to pattern paper from My Mind's Eye. I stamped the sentiment with black ink from Memento and added some mini bells.

Be sure to come back tomorrow to contiue on the blog hop … you won’t want to miss a single second of the fun and festivities!  There ‘may be’ MORE prizes along the way, so be sure to bookmark and follow our blog to keep up to date with all the exciting things we have planned for the 
12 Days of Christmas Designers’ Blog Hop at Paper Sweeties!
December 3rd:  Maria Patrick
Day #3:  December 4th:  Nancy Penir
Day #4:  December 5th:  Kathy Schweinfurth
Day #5:  December 6th:  Mackie Robertson
Day #6:  December 7th:  Jill Norwood
Day #7:  December 8th:  Michelle Bala...today!
Day #8:  December 9th:  Michele Henderson
Day #9:  December 10th:  Larissa Heskett
Day #10:  December 11th:  Jeri Thomas
Day #11:  December 12th:  Angel Johns
Day #12:  December 13th:  Mynnette Kitchen

Also playing along with Christmas/Winter Challenge #2


Thanks for stopping by for a peek!!!

Michelle

21 comments:

Jill Norwood said...

Michelle: Four gorgeous creations and I love them all! Such sweet Christmas trees!!!! My favorite though has to be the naughty or nice Gingerbread card! Made me smile big! And I love the red doily dress on your last card too and your use of enamel dots and embossing! Gorgeous inspiration my dear!!!! :)

Lisa said...

All so cute! Poor naughty Gingerbread Man...I'm sure he can't help it! Adorable!

Tracey said...

Fabulous creations Michelle, great collection of cards....I think its time to go shopping, love all the ideas with the new products. Love the doily dress!

Debbie said...

Oh my word ... so CUTE!!! I love the creativity that went into creating all of these yummy cards! I especially like the naughty gingerbread man and the shabby chic gingerbread girl cards!!

Mary Holshouser said...

I never think to layer paper to get dimension - usually use pop dots.
Layering goes it a nicer look - I think.
Loved the coloring.
The second tree looks like gingerbread and then there's the gingerbread people. Love the happy/sad people.
Great ideas.
thanks for sharing.

stampwithamyk said...

I love your watercolored tree card! The die cut is so cool and you've layered it perfectly. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players, hope to see you again soon!

Rebecca Yahrling said...

Your girly gingerbread is my fave! How genius to use a doily for her dress. LOVE it! All your cards are gorgeous.

The Craft Princess said...

Fun cards...cool techniques :) Hugs...Janie

Michele Henderson said...

Beautiful projects, Michelle! But that gingerbread man with the broken arm--AMAZING! SO cute!
Take care!
Michele, Papers Sweeties teamie!

Maria said...

Oh, my!!! Love those Christmas tree cards...so pretty! And, your gingerbread cards are so CUTE! I especially love the creativity with the naughty or nice one...hehehe...love it!!!

libleycraftsblog.com said...

I love all of your fabulous projects - so sweet!

artful-notions said...

Oh that poor Gingerbread guy! Ha! Love that one! And the lacy dressed one, and the trees... omgoodness, love them all!

Lisa said...

Loads of Christmas cuteness Michelle!! Love the pops of colors on your trees. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!!

Lori said...

Your tree cards are so pretty - love the ornaments you created! The gingerbread cards are so sweet (adore the naughty and nice and how smart to use a doily for clothes). So glad you linked to my challenge at ChouxChoux Paper Art!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Oh, Michelle, your projects are so delightful!! I love each and every one -- so clever!

Jeri said...

Amazing projects! So much to love...but my favorite is the red doily dress on the ginger girl. Great idea!

Mynn Kitchen said...

Totally darling cards, Michelle! I am COMPLETELY IN LOVE with the "naughty or nice" gingerbread card! SO FUN! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Pretty, pretty! I love the gingerbread peeps! The little red dress is precious!

D.Ann C said...

LOVE the use of a doily for an outfit!!

Deepti said...

Awesome projects :) I am specially loving the artsy feeling of your first card :)

Joanna said...

Great cards!