Thursday, August 6, 2015

Thanks and Pretty Thoughts

Hello there!

My poor kids are so bummed out...they just realized there is only 29 days left to their summer vacation!
This year my girls go back before Labor Day weekend.
I have to confess...I am too :(
I love the much needed down time in the summer.

Well, I need to make the best of the R&R for them.

Now, onto the cards I want to share...

I combined a few challenges for this first card


and of course Paper Smooches Guest Designer Search...that time again! 

I tried my hand at no line coloring...I kind of like it! I used three sets from Paper Smooches, Blossoming Buds, Squeaky Clean and Sentiment Sampler. I amso used the coordinating basket die to Squeaky clean. I used inks from Color Box in mudslide and moss green and WPlus9 in sweet nectar. 
I colored the flowers and basket with Copic Markers and added some white accents with a gel pen. I inked up the background with orange ink from Color Box and a stencil from Simon Says Stamp. The square stitched die is from Lil'Inker Designs. I embellished with some white enamel dots and orange burlap from Michaels.

Next card...
I utilized two challenges
and
For this card I used a whole lotta dies...Stitched dies are from Lil'Inker Designs, scalled die and banner are from Mama Elephant. The stamp set is Unicorn from Sweet Stamp Shop.
I used black ink from Memento and Copic Markers. I added some shimmer with a touch of purple glitter. The wood veneer elements are from Studio Calico.

Thanks for taking a peek!!!

Michelle


13 comments:

tiffani pool said...

I love this card! you did a beautiful job and I am glad you shared it with us!

Lisa said...

FABULOUS!! These are both wonderful cards Michelle. You did a great job with the no line coloring, I failed at that!! And the little unicorn is adorable, love that layering on that one!

~amy~ said...

Love them both! I just posted a card using that same SSS Unicorn today!

Ren L said...

What sweet design of the unicorn. I love how you blend in the monochromatic color with natural kraft color. Lovely! Thank you for joining us at Colour Me! :)
Ren

Kim Heggins said...

Michelle...wow, two fabulous cards! I love that sweet orange with those amazing polka dots, fabby. And your adorable unicorn is just as cute as can be. Just as sweet as can be!!! Thanks for joining us at Colour Me!

Julia Wilson said...

Stunning cards!!! I especially like the purple glitter you added to your unicorn!!

Cindy Lovell said...

These are both so awesome!! Love the soft background and details on the first one!!
The second one is just to cute! LOVE the colors and the unicorn is just adorable!!
Thank you so much for joining us at FMS!!!

Lynn said...

Summer is flying by for us too...only 10 days left! Love your fabulous card...the details are awesome. Thanks so much for playing with us at PaperSmooches Sparks!

Ceal said...

Super cute! thanks for playing at CMCC

Jinny Newlin said...

Beautiful cards, Michelle! Love all those playful layers on our take! Such a darling image, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Colour Me...!

Jen Timko said...

These are both really wonderful! The orange is so striking and your little unicorn card is really fun! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Houses Built of Cards said...

Beautiful cards!!! LOVE the soft inking on the first one - and the wonky layers on the second are darling! Thanks so much for joining us at Sparkle and Shine!

housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Claire Broadwater said...

Michelle, I love both of your cards! Love the soft orange circles in your background and the gorgeous pot of flowers! The orange burlap and enamel dots are perfect! So happy you joined us at Sparkle and Shine! XX