Thursday, August 27, 2015

Smile...just be you

Hello there crafters!

Hope you are enjoying some fine weather!

I created a card today for my daughter. She has been a bit sad from being left out of some friendly gatherings with some other girls. :(
I hope this clicky-phase among girls goes by fast.

I created my own plaid paper with some inks and a stencil. The inks are Hero Arts just rust, soft cantaloupe, WPlus9 lake house and Heidi Swapp teal. I used a stencil from Simon Says Stamp. White and black cardstock are from Recollections.
I used a Spellbinders square die to cut the window. The sentiment die and seentiment stamps are from Lil'Inker Designs, Fancy Feathers. The clear rainstones are from Papertrey Ink. Black ink is Memento.

I am playing along with 



and Simon Says Stamp...anything goes


Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek!

Michelle

11 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love the big scale (lots of white space) and the colours of the plaid! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Beautiful card! Such a wonderful design!! I'm sure your daughter loved it!! :)

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Maria said...

Awww...what a sweet card for your daughter! I'm sure it'll bring a smile to her face!:-) Love the colors, design, and die cut sentiment!

Lisa said...

What a cute smile die cut! Your stamping looks marvelous Michelle, this is a pretty card!!

libleycraftsblog.com said...

This is lovely Michelle and a great sentiment too :-)

I Card Everyone said...

Hi Michelle! I love this design and it's a perfect fit for both challenges! Cute!!!
=] Michele

Judy1223 said...

Michelle, this is such a sweet card, I do hope your daughter loved it and embraced the message (a very important one). Girls can be tough sometimes...my 13-year-old has had similar occasions and it is tough. Tough to watch as a mom, too. I love the plaid background you created, and the sweet die cut is perfect. A great card! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Such a sweet card, Michelle! Love plaid square and bold black sentiment. Thank you for playing along with Colour Me!

Hannelie said...

Oohee!!!
Love this Michelle!
Thanks for joining Casology!

Jen W. said...

Big hugs to your daughter, Michelle. My heart goes out to her. I'm sure your card will put a huge smile on her face. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Jinny Newlin said...

Such a precious card for such a sad occasion. Love that plaid window, and the big, bold, beautiful "smile". Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Colour Me...! Big hugs for your daughter, too. Girls can be so mean. Unfortunately, it doesn't stop with childhood. Hang in there, Mom!