Monday, August 10, 2015

Hey There, You are Cool

Hello there!
I have a couple of cards to share with you tonight...and a family pic!
My SIL  just celebrated her 30th birthday and she requested an all white party...it was beautiful!
Aside from the ambient lighting, everything was white!

Now for my cards...
I am utilizing two challenges for this card



I went online and found a graphic pattern I wanted to recreate.
I used the stamp set Lotsa Links to stamp the above pattern onto white cardstock with black ink from Memento. I colored the squares with Copic Markers than die cut the rectangle with a Lil'Inkers Stitched die.
The sentiment is from Paper Smooches, Kitschy Kitchen.


Next card
I utilized some challenges...


and 

I just received this Paper Smooches stamp set, Green Acres, and already used it a few times...it's so cute! This time I made the 'farmer boy' a 'farmer girl' by adding some extra hair! The bows are from Mama Elephants' Party Kit stamp set. The apple is from Paper Smooches' Smarty Pants and basket is from Squeaky Clean. The sentiment is from Sentiment Sampler.
I used black ink from Memento and Copic Markers to color and add grass. The circle and scalloped circle dies are from Spellbinders. The enamel dots are from Recollections. The twine is from Paper Sweeties. I used some scrap paper from my stash ( kraft, vellum and pattern paper) to add some layers.
I am also adding this to
tie it up

Yikes...that's a whole lotte photos!!!

Thanks for taking a peek!

Michelle

14 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Love your family photo...so beautiful. And your cards are amazing...I love your sweet little farm girl, so adorable.

~amy~ said...

What a fun party...love the family pic!
Your cards are wonderful!!!!

Melanie Mallek said...

Cute card, love the layout! :)

Heather Cooper said...

Cute graphic design and great take on the colour swatch! Thanks for taking time to play with us at As You See It Challenges this week!

Kara Lynne said...

What a beautiful family, Michelle! An all white party sounds beautiful! Great pattern on your first card, so trendy. That little farm girl is so creative and so is that apple basket - love it!

Virginia Lu said...

Love how you were inspired! Way to rock the challenge with the Lovely Links! The colors are simply gorgeous! Your family photo is darling! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Tie It Up” Challenge!

Lisa said...

What a fun idea for a party!! You have a beautiful family Michelle!! Terrific cards today...as always!!

Maria said...

What an awesome family photo! Looks like you all had a great time! Your cards are so FUN and CUTE!!!

Angie Tieman said...

Oh man! I LOVE that pattern you created for your card!!! And you worked those colors into like sheer perfection!! Thank you for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Leigh Penner said...

An all-white party sounds so cool! Wonderful photo!
And your cards are great, too!

Deepti said...

Fabulous photo! Love the white theme and your adorable cards

donna mikasa said...

Fun take on the sketch--love how you transformed a "he" into a "she"!
Lovely family photo, too!

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG OMG OMG!! SQUEAL!! This is just SO CUTE!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Design!! Your Family Picture is just BEAUTIFUL!! =) THANKS SO MUCH for joining us on the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge Blog and I hope you Play along again this Week!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)
Your other card is AMAZING too, I LOVE the FUN Retro Images!!

Melly Moo said...

What a fantastic pattern- very bold. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Friday challenge, Rebecca x