Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Grateful for You

Hello there!
We're about to get a stretch of lousy August weather here in New York....high humidity and thunder storms. I don't it really, it allows for some good crafting!

Today I am playing along with two challenges...

Friday Mashup... I am mashing it up combining the color palette with summer flowers

and Freshly Made Sketches...celebrating their 200th challenge!!!
I love the sketch...it allows for endless possibilities!
First, I dry embossed a raised stitched row with my tiny scor-bug than masked the top part of the white cardstock. I stenciled the lower portion with a stencil from Simon Says Stamp and ink from Color Box in boysenberry.
Than I masked the bottom and stamped the flowers, Papertrey Ink's friends til the end. I used Ranger distress ink in antique linen. I colored the flowers with Copic Markers in shades Y15, Y17, YG61, YG63, E31 and E25. The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp, Autumn Blessings. I used black ink from Memento.
I die cut the panel with Lil'Inkers Designs stitched die. The scalloped die is from Mama Elephant. I embellished the card with yellow cord from Michaels and sequins from Neat & Tangled Stamps and Pretty Pink Posh.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek!!!

Michelle

12 comments:

Maria said...

Gorgeous card, Michelle! Love the big circles and beautiful yellow flowers!:-)

Linda Callahan said...

Beautifully layered with beautiful colors! Gorgeous card! The big circles are so cool and perfect with the bright flowers! Thanks for helping us celebrate 200 at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Timko said...

This is so striking! What amazing coloring on those flowers! Thanks for joining our celebration at FMS!

Lisa said...

It's HOT here too!! Love your stenciled polka dots, this is fun!!

brrenwick said...

What a happy and cheerful card! Thanks for playing along at Friday Mashup!

~amy~ said...

Oh, I love this!

Jen Mitchell said...

Michelle, those flowers are amazing. I thought it was patterned paper, the look so perfect! Thanks so much for joining in the fun for our 200th sketch this week!

Cynthia said...

Love your bold colors and mixed flower images with the large polka dots. This is really eye catching. Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Friday Mashup!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is such a beautiful card! I am loving these bright colours together and your choice of stamps! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous card Michelle...love your polka dots!

Taunya Butler said...


Your card caught my eye over in the Freshly Made Sketches Gallery and I wanted to come visit and see more! This is gorgeous, so pretty and you used the most stunning colors!! So well done!! I really enjoyed visiting your blog and I would love it if you popped over for a visit to my blog at daisiesgirl.com!! I have a giveaway going on right now!
Taunya Butler
http://daisiesgirl.com

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card Michelle! Love the beautiful blossoms and fun polk a dots!