Monday, August 17, 2015

Good Luck

Hey there!
I'm just stopping by to share a card with you. It's kind of a special card...for my oldest daughter. She is heading into 8th grade...she is somewhat nervous about taking the high school entrance exams, her last year in grammer school, and trying to stay focused on her grades. I feel sorry for kids today...school wasn't this difficult when I attended.

I used a few stamp sets from Paper Smooches... Smarty Pants, Word Salad and Shadows. They were stampsed using black ink from Memento and colored with Copic Markers. Shadow ink is from Hero Arts, soft brown. 

The stitched dies are from Lil'Inker Designs, the scallop die is Mama Elephant. I embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder and scattered some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

Here are some challenges I utilized for this card...





Thanks for stopping by for a peek!

Have a great week!!!

Michelle


13 comments:

The Whatnots Shop said...

This looks so cute! Check out my newly made blog at http://tws-products-bts.blogspot.com/! :)

Deepti said...

So adorable! I like those little panels on the design :)

Melody said...

Cute stamps and fun layout! Thanks for playing with us at the Curtain Call Challenge.

Celeste Goff said...

What a super sweet card! Love the layout!

Lisa said...

This is super cute and perfect for your daughter, love the little bookworm!! I hope her year goes well and the stress makes way for good times!

Maria said...

What a cute card for your daughter! I'm sure she'll love it! Good luck to her and to her sister and brother in their studies this year! I hope it's a great one!:-)

Kim Heggins said...

Sweet card....just love all your school images.

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

Very cute, Michelle! You should enter it in the MarkerPOP Back to School Challenge, too! http://blog.markerpop.com/2015/08/10/markerpop-challenge-75-back-to-school/

Anja Curvers said...

How cute love all these school images and great coloring. Thanks for joining us over at ATCAS.

Audrey said...

Such an adorable card! I love your stitched squares and rectangles to highlight images and the sequins are a great touch to a super cute card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sparkle and Shine Challenges! :)

Janet Zeppa said...

Those images are sooo darn cute! Good luck to your daughter!
So glad you played along with us at Sparkle and Shine!

Larissa Heskett said...

This is such a SWEET Card!! I LOVE the Design and how you made use of all of these images on your Layout!! THANKS for sharing and for Joining us on the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge Blog!! I hope you'll play along again this Week!!?? Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Bhavana said...

wow.. adorable card. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS