Sunday, August 16, 2015

August 16: Paper Sweeties August Release Rewind!

Hello again!
Alas, today is the last day for the Paper Sweeties August Release!

Here is a recap of the new sets...


For this card I used the set Happy Cake Day and the corrdinating Sweet Cuts die. The flourish is from Wishing You. The sentiment is from a previously released set Best Wishes. I stamped the cake with antique linen distress ink from Ranger and colored it with Copic Markers. I embellished the icing with liquid pearls in pink.
I embossed the flourish and sentiment with white powder. I followed a tutorial by Splitcoaststampers but am unable to link this to their gallery...grrr! The double matted layers was created using two oval dies from Spellbinders. I embellished with some pearls from Recollections.

I am adding this to Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge  food/drink

and AsYou See It...challenge 100!

I hope you have enjoyed the cards and projects the designers and I have shared with you! 
Come hop along with us one last time...


Thanks for stopping by!

Michelle

17 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness Michelle this is absolutely gorgeous!! My favorite card I've seen from this PS release. Dreamy and so special, love it!!

Jill Norwood said...

Michelle this is so beautiful! Your attention to all the pretty details makes it so special! I love it and I agree with Lisa!!! :)

Mynn Kitchen said...

WOWOWOW--this is OH so soft and pretty! I LOVE the monochrome colors you went with! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Karen Oliver said...

Oh my this is so pretty, love the peachy colour, its not a colour you see often. Just gorgeous.

Maria said...

Very soft and pretty, Michelle!!! Love the monotone coloring...it's perfect!!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Oh wow!!! This is gorgeous!!!!!! I've got to try this!!!!

Jeri said...

Stunning card. I love the pretty soft peachy/pink colors you used and how sweetly you embellished the cake.

Kim Heggins said...

This is so beautiful Michelle...love your gorgeous background.

Deepti said...

So elegant! you nailed the monochromatic look :)

Jingle said...

This is very pretty! I love the ombré! Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Lisa said...

Beautiful.... love the soothing feel of it yet it's so pretty and pinky...

Stamp Spectacular with Desirée said...

What a fabulous card Michelle! I adore the ombre background and that elegant "squiggle" over the top of the oval with the pearls - so beautiful! Thanks for playing along with the 100th challenge at As You See It! :)

Heather Cooper said...

What's a celebration without a cake? You did a beautiful job on this one and I love the ombre effect! Thanks for helping us celebrate 100 challenges at As You See It Challenges this week!

Cheryl said...

Oh my! This is gorgeous, Michelle! Love the ombre background and the way you curved the heart image at the top. The cake is decorated beautifully, too.

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the soft colors. Like the layers. Especially like the liquid pearls.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Sarah Loves to Stamp said...

This is just beautiful! I especially love the finish and dimension the liquid pearls add to the card! Thanks so much for playing along with us for our 100th As You See It Challenge!

Amanda said...

How elegant! Love the colours. Thanks for playing with our 100th challenge at AYSI!