Tuesday, April 14, 2015

April 14: Paper Sweeties April Release Countdown!

Hello there!
Welcome back to Day 3 of the Paper Sweeties April Release!

I hope you are enjoying this release! 

Tree Of Life
Tree of Life Add-on: spring
Tree of Life Sweet Cuts
Tree of Life Add-on: spring Sweet Cuts

I created something a little bit different than I usually do...

I followed the sketch from CAS Colours & Sketches...I hope this is CAS


I have been drawn to Cardinals these days...just love how regal they are! I used black ink from Memento and Copic Markers to color. Than I added some white dots to the center of the flowers with a gel pen. I used inks from Hero Arts in cup o' joe and soft brown shadow inks.

  The sentiment is from the Paper Sweeties set Make Today Beautiful.  The pattern paper is from My Mind's Eye. The cardstock is from Recollections. 

Hope you can hop along with us for some amazing inspiration with the Designers!

14 comments:

Jill Norwood said...

This is so creative and adorable!!!! I love how you repeated the branches and swings with your sweet Cardinal birds! I love cardinals too!!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooooooo fun! LOVING how you have the birdies on the swings!!!!!!!!!

Maria said...

A beautiful card with all the red little birds on the swings! So creative and lovely, Michelle!:-)

Mynn Kitchen said...

BIRDS ON THE SWINGS?! That is too TWEET!!!! LOVE this idea--I will totally have to CASE it! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Oh my goodness, how adorable ! I love how you did the branches and the swing with those sweet little birdies!

Lisa said...

How CUTE is this card!! Those sweet little red birds really pop on this amazing design Michelle!

Kim Heggins said...

This is just too darn cute...love your sweet little birdies swinging in the tree...just so sweet.

Jane said...

Such a beautifully delicate looking card and those little birdies are so sweet. Thanks for playing at CC&S.

Cheryl said...

Oh my! This is gorgeous! I just love the way you put several branches together to create one long one and the swings are so cute with their own little birdies! Fabulous card design, too!

Skylark said...

You make some lovely cards for CC&S Michelle and this one is no exception. The woodgrain paper is the perfect backdrop for your little Cardinals. I don't think we get them here in the UK, never seen one anyway! Stef x

Patricia H. said...

OMG - the birdies swinging among the posies are just fantastic! I'm so glad you were inspired by our sketch and shared your charming card with us at CC&S! :)

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG OMG OMG!! I LOVE This!! Such an AWESOME Card!! I LOVE the Wood Grain and the Red!! =)

Sue McRae said...

This is such a sweet card!

artful-notions said...

Michelle, this is such a cute and clever scene! Love how you kept it all simple and popped it up a notch with the red birds. Brilliant!