Sunday, March 15, 2015

You're a Treasure




Helloooooo!!!!!
I have a quick post to share with you...I have to get ready for a school dance with my daughters! The rain has finally stopped, so my hair should look decent!!! My oldest daughter just turned 13 and wanted to wear her first pair of heels...yikes!!! I purchased a pair from Payless...and had her walk around the house to get use to them...clank, clank, clank!!!! She did pretty well...she is use to trying on mine!!!

Today's card is for a few challenges...


All the stamps and coordinating dies I am using are from Paper Smooches, Ahoy Me Hearty. This stamp set is soooooo much fun!!!!!! I used a Spellbinders oval die to cut the window. I masked the area and used green moss ink from Colorbox to shade the treasure map. 

I think I used every shade of green in the Copic spectrum to color the parrot!!! The white accents were added with a white gel pen and I added some glitter to the gems with a Wink of Stella glitter pen. Black ink is memento. The white cardstock is Recollections and enamel dots are My Mind's Eye.
I am also palying along with the newest Sparks challenge...


Thanks for taking a peek!!!!

Michelle

12 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, how fun to have her first heels!! Cute card Michelle, that's a fun parrot!

Kara Lynne said...

I love your green parrot and map! The white details are wonderful too. My oldest daughter is also 13! She just went to her first dance, but she won't wear a dress these days (makes me sad).

Bonnie said...

This parrot is so much fun, Michelle! Just delightful! So glad you shared this with us at ATCAS!

Maria said...

Wow! That green parrot is so pretty in all the beautiful green colors! Love the cut out showing the treasure map...so fun! And, how exciting for your daughter to go to her first dance and wear heels! Hope she has a great time!:-)

Jenny Engelke said...

What a super fun card! We are delighted you shared it with us at Colour Me!

Kim Heggins said...

WOW....this is just one fabulous and fun card. I love all the green and these stamps are just so fun. Wonderful card.

Joanna Harty said...

Love your card Michelle! Fun bright and happy! Just up my alley! :-) Thanks for sharing with us over at Addicted to CAS!

Julia Wilson said...

Fabulous card!! I really like the peek-a-boo widow for the map, and the colouring on the parrot is gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Colour Me! :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Adorable use of green - I love that parrot! Thanks for joining in at ATCAS~

Robin K. said...

How cute this is!!!!! Giggling about your daughter- us girls and our shoes:)

Nancy Thomas said...

So cute -love the parrot with your map.

Alice Wertz said...

this is so cute! great coloring on the parrot, too! lovely card! thanks so much for playing along with us at Paper Smooches SPARKS!