Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Thank You

Hey there crafters!

Tomorrow is the dreaded day...first day of school!!
I feel the same way my kids do...uhg! It's just nice not to feel like we are rushing around all the time.

Onto today's card,

I am playing along with Curtain Call...

Keep it Simple...




This is what I got when I combined all three...

I inked up white cardstock from Papertrey Ink with a stencil from Heidi Swapp. I used inks from Color Box in cranberry, scarlet, orange and curry.
 Than I cut the cardstock with a stitched die frame from Lil' Inker Designs. 
I stamped the sentiment from Paper Sweeties, Hello Friend with black ink from Hero Arts. Than added some splats of gold with Heidi Swapp shine spray. 
I trimmed some vellum tails from PTI. The wood leaves are from Kaiser Kraft. I distressed them a bit with silver lining ink from WPlus9. I adhered the twine, leaves and vellum to the cardstock and than adhered to a black base.  The sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh.

Thanks for taking a peek!

Michelle

12 comments:

~amy~ said...

Michelle, your card is beautiful! Love those wood leaves!

Lisa said...

This is so unique ans so pretty!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

Tracey McNeely said...

Michelle your ombre ink blending and those wood leaves are gorgeous! Hope the first day went well for you and the kids! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Curtain Call!

donna mikasa said...

Love how you combined so many elements so perfectly! Such a pretty card!

Anna Rogalska said...

So beautiful!!!Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

Ros Crawford said...

What a beautiful take on all the challenges ... such a lovely card! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Charlene said...

Gorgeous Michelle!! I love the colors and those wood leaves:-) Thanks for playing at CCCB :-)

Dorota ma Kota said...

"And the leaves that are green turn to brown,
And they wither with the wind,
And they crumble in your hand..."

lovely

Maria said...

A lovely creation with the leaves and stenciled background...so pretty!

Marisa said...

Looove those wooden leaves!! Great job on the variegated stripes too. Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, I love that background Michelle. Love the ombre look. The wood veneer leaves are so pretty. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.