Monday, September 8, 2014

Stampin' with Paper Smooches

Hello there!

Oh my goodness...I just finished covering 18 workbooks with that clear contact *crap* ...substitute that word for something more vile!! I can't stand that stuff. I should rephrase that...it doesn't like me! It sticks to the table, it sticks together as I am trying to trim it ever so perfectly. I swear the whole time it's laughing at me!  Well, thank God for book sox!

After that mess I had to calm myself down...and what better way than to create a card, or two!!!
I am adding both cards to Paper Smooches Guest Designer Search for October and Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge


I pulled out some new Paper Smooches stamps and dies and went to town!


For this card I used the set Just a Note. I stamped the pencil repeatedly with Hero Arts black ink onto white cardstock from Papertrey Ink. I used Copic Markers to color and shade. I trimmed some linen vellum, also PTI, and stamped the sentiment.

I saturated the pencil with glossy accents. The sequin is from Pretty Pink Posh, the wood stars are from Studio Calico. I followed the theme from The Card Concept... I used the clean and graphic style


My next card utilizes the Feathers Wise Dies...

 After die cutting the feathers from white cardstock from PTI, I inked them up with some Color Box inks in shabby pink, peacock and gold.

I created the background using Ranger texture paste and added Heidi Swapp color shine in blush. Then brushed it over a memory box stencil, Bubbles. The sentiment is from Mama Elephant, True Friend. I used gold ink. The linen vellum is from PTI. The sequins are Pretty Pink Posh, the wood stars are Studio Calico.

I followed the sketch from Retro Sketches...



Thanks for stopping by today!

Enjoy your week!!!

Michelle

14 comments:

Lisa said...

What a terrific pair of cards Michelle!! The first is cute and a perfect back to school card. Your second is feminine and dreamy!!

Petra Swart said...

Love both your cards, Michelle!!!

Greetings from Africa!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

That pencil card is SO cute, Michelle! And the feather card is just dreamy.

Thanks for playing with us at The Card Concept!

PS, are your kids allowed to use brown paper bags from the grocery store to cover their books? We can do that here.

artful-notions said...

Michelle, your pencil card is terrific! Love it's lineup-like little soldiers! Beautifully constructed cards, both. The feathers are so sweet and the dots so lovely!

Charlene said...

Both are fabulous! I lOVE the 1st one, so cute!!!

Kerin said...

Wow Michelle, I have to give you extra credit for patience, to color ALL those pencils with Copics?!? Your cards came out fabulous! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept:)

Yoonsun Hur said...

Oh!! Michelle, your pencil card is really gorgeous! Did you coloured all those pencils with copics? Amazing!!! Thanks for playing with us at the Card Concept!

Maria said...

Oh, my! Lots of wonderful coloring on all those pencils! What a great back to school card! And, the card with feather is so soft and pretty...love it!

Mary Marsh said...

great coloring on the pencil card-and I like the use of the glossy accents-thanks for playing along with the Card Concept challenge

Cathy Weber said...

I LOVE this card...all those great pencils...love the sweet sentiment that looks just like it was written with the dimensional pencil. Really good card!

rebekah weckerly said...

Hi, Michelle! Both these cards are GREAT!! Both are so different! Love the second one! Beautiful! and the first one is so fun!!!

Deepti said...

Wow these are such classic cards!! Pencil card is such a cutie :)

Katie Gehring said...

Michelle, these cards are fabulous! The pencil card is super cute and just perfect for back to school. The feather card is just dreamy! I LOVE the feathers edged in GOLD- amazing! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with this week's Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!

kristie sessions said...

Both of these cards are amazing! The first one so striking and cute the second so soft and appealing. Such a great variety in one post!
Thanks for playing at The Card Concept!