Friday, August 29, 2014

Grateful for You

Hello there!

So much has happened the last few weeks...our summer has come to a sudden halt! And reality has set in that the kids go back to school in less than a week!!!
My cousin, only 30 years old, died in his sleep. My aunt, uncle and cousins are just beside themselves. And don't have any answers until the autopsy results come back. I feel so sorry for them! He was their only son and youngest child.
Last week, my family hopped on a plane to Aruba for my brothers wedding...a very joyous occasion but felt guilty for feeling so happy knowing they are still so heart broken!

So now we are trying to finish up book reports and summer work and purchasing school supplies and such!

But of course, I found the time to create a card!!!

I am playing along with The Card Concept...clean and simple style


and Addicted to CAS...



All cardstock and button are from Papertrey Ink. I used Spellbinders dies to create the flower petals. The enamel dots are from Recollections. 


The sentiment is from Paper Sweeties, Hello Friend. I used black ink from Hero Arts. The gold splats are from Heidi Swapp color shine.


Thanks for peeking!
Enjoy the Labor Day Weekend!

Michelle

16 comments:

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

LOVE - the texture, the colour, the way you've captured the inspiration! So glad you joined us at The Card Concept!

Betty Keefe said...

absolutely gorgeous - looks like a winner to me!!

Deepti said...

This is lovely, I love the layered flower and green is really striking :)

Kapina said...

Michelle, this is one simple yet AMAZINGLY Elegant card! Love it!

Maria said...

Such a lovely flower with wonderful dimension! Love the design! So sorry to hear about your cousin. Highs and lows for you recently. And, congrats on your brother's wedding! Take care, hugs!:-)

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Michelle. On a happier note your card is GORGEOUS!! Oh my goodness, I just love it to bits ~ WINNER!!!

Sue said...

Beautiful use of the inspiration! Love your layered flower. x

KayM said...

Oh I'm so sorry about your cousin. My heart goes out to his family. Your card is absolutely gorgeous! I adore that big divisional flower!! So glad you joined us at The Card Concept! :)

Kim Heggins said...

Michelle...this is just beautiful and I love how you used that flower, so creative. Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful card Michelle ... but I also wanted to say how very sorry I am to hear your news ... my thoughts and prayer go to your family ...

Pamellia Johnson said...

Michelle, this is a wonderful card! It looks exactly like the photo! Wonderful.

So sorry to hear about your cousin. My thoughts are with your you and your family.

Pamellia Johnson said...

Michelle, this is a wonderful card! It looks exactly like the photo! Wonderful.

So sorry to hear about your cousin. My thoughts are with your you and your family.

~amy~ said...

LOVE that bloom! gorgeous work!

icardeveryone01 said...

So incredibly gorgeous. I'd choose you =]

Cindy C. said...

Love the 3D flower with the button center, and the splattered background looks great!

Kylie said...

Sorry to hear about your cousin. I'm glad you still had time to do something you enjoy. Your card is absolutely stunning - just beautiful.