Saturday, August 16, 2014

August 16: Paper Sweeties August Release Rewind!

Welcome back to the Paper Sweeties August Release!

Well, it's the last day...hope you have enjoyed all that the Design Team has showed you!

Today is the day we show you a mix of old and new...

I tried my hand at some water coloring. I inked up some white paper with diluted inks and than die cut the stars. I used distress inks in scattered straw, milled lavender and faded jeans.

I used the same inks to stamp the background stars and swirls.  I used the Be Happy Bundle, stamps and dies. The sentiment is from Once Upon a Time. The cardstock is from Papertrey Ink. The sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh. I used a fiskars corner punch.

For the challenges, I played along with CASology... magic

and CAS(E) this Sketch...


Hope you will join us on our last day of the blog hop...



Thanks for stopping by!

Michelle

10 comments:

artful-notions said...

OMG, I love how you 'tailed' the stars with the swirly stamp! Beautiful watercolor treatment too!

Maria said...

Great combination of water colors on those stars! Great design...love it!

Lisa said...

Darlign CAS card Michelle!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Michelle your magical watercoloured stars are so pretty. Thank you so much for sharing with us at CASology!

Kim Heggins said...

This is so sweet and so magical. I love your soft colors, so pretty.

Joyce said...

This is so magically pretty. I love the magical focal point you created.

Joyce said...

EEk--I am on vaca and apparently left my thinking cap at home--meant to add thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Deepti said...

Oh this is a starry delight :) love love love this design!

Darnell J Knauss said...

I just love your little watercolored stars, Michelle! Congratulations on the well-deserved HM honor from CASology! Hugs, Darnell

Charlene said...

So cute!!! LOVE the water colored stars :-)