Thursday, May 15, 2014

A Good Day...

Click here for my Paper Sweeties Post.

Good morning to you...feeling pretty lousy today. The weather is quite dreary.

So I am just sitting at my laptop enjoying a cup of coffee...

I am also playing along with The Card Concept...coffee theme. My style today is the free style collage.


and the colors from ColourQ...

Here we go...

I love this sentiment! I find it to be true! It is from Papertrey Ink, Latte Love. The steam is from Lil' Inker Designs. I inked up the background using a stencil from Heidi Swapp. The inks are from Color Box, sky blue and mudslide.

The pattern paper is from Carta Bella, Sew Lovely. I scattered some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh and enamel dots from My Mind's Eye. And added some gold mist splats from Heidi Swapp.

Thanks for taking a peek!

10 comments:

Lisa said...

PERFECT for both challenges Michelle, so cute! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ!

Rosemary said...

fabulous card, michelle!

Geri said...

So in love with your perfectly balanced design and the sweet trendy treats you incorporated into your card...awesome stencilled background, sequins and enamel dots, cool steam swirls and a FABULOUS wood grain background! Thanks for choosing to share your card with us at CCC :)

Kerin said...

Love the background and that is the perfect sentiment! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

I love the abstract feel of your steam and the fading blue stripes! So glad you joined us at the Card Concept!

Claire said...

Great way to mix up the challenges..the diagonal stripes look so good as a base for the stamping. Thanks for playing along with Colour Q this week Michelle!

LeAnne said...

Mmmm....I am loving these coffee cards! Such a sweet way to incorporate that coffee theme with the challenge colors! Thanks for sharing this with us at the CQC this week!

donna mikasa said...

Love your stenciled background and that is one great sentiment! ;)

~amy~ said...

sigh, I love it. I need to ink up that PTI set!
Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Coffee -Joy - Joy!!! Wonderful combo of color and theme challenges!!! Love it!!