Sunday, April 20, 2014

Hello Friend

Hello there!

Wishing you and your loved ones a very blessed Easter! Hope you enjoyed beautiful weather and a wonderful meal!

We are home relaxing now and I thought I would type up a post for a card I created yesterday.

CAS(E) this Sketch is teaming up with Runway Inspired Challenge...check out this awesome inspiration!!!



You should stop by the blogs for some more amazing inspiration from the designers!

I just received some stamps I ordered from WPlus9 and put them right to work...

Hand Lettered Hello and coordinating die, and Borders and Backgrounds 4. I also used cardstock from WPlus9. The background was stamped with black ink from Hero Arts.

I used some Ranger distress stains to ink up the die cut 'hello' with shades of faded jeans, fired brick, wild honey and peeled paint. I finished the card off with some enamel dots from My Mind's Eye and sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

Next up...

I am playing along with The Card Concept...

and being that I need a bridal shower card... this challenge came in handy! I used the stamp set and coordinating die Scattered Showers from Papertrey Ink. The pattern paper is from My Mind's Eye, Breeze.

The tiny flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. I used a leaf die from My Favorite Things Dies and cardstock from PTI.


The white cardstock is from WPlus9. The sequins are from Neat & Tangled Stamps. The enamel dots are from My Mind's Eye. The pink cord is Darice. I used a corner punch from Fiskars.

Thanks for stopping by!

Michelle

 

17 comments:

Lisa said...

I love the fun pop of color with your pretty stamped background!! And your shower card is beyond cute, LOVE IT!!

Lesley Croghan said...

Both cards are amazing and so unique, Michelle. Love that umbrella and the gorgeous flowers. Thank you for joining us at the Card Concept!

Tracey McNeely said...

Two such different cards Michelle, love them both. Your umbrella is perfect for a bridal shower! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Card Concept!

Julia Aston said...

Two wonderful designs! love that black stamping on the first with the colorful hello - and the sweet flowers on your shower umbrella!

Paper Cake Trail said...

I love the flowers all nestled upon your umbrella. So Pretty....

Charlene said...

Awesome card Michelle!!!!! I esp love the 1st one, very creative!!

Kara said...

awesome cards! love the umbrella full of flowers and love the black and white pattern with the colorful sentiment!!

paperandflair said...

Gorgeous card! I love the embellishments that you used with your umbrella, who wouldn't love to receive such a gorgeous card like this.

Rosemary said...

Wonderful set of cards, michelle... i really like your take on the RIC/CTS challenges!

Diane Jaquay said...

Wow, Michelle, your take on the Runway challenge is so fresh and outside the box, I absolutely LOVE it!! The umbrella card is just precious!

artful-notions said...

Michele, I came here thru Card Concept, cuz I LOVE the parasol. So pretty with the flowers, perfect shower card. But your 1st card for Runway and CAS should be an instant winner! Golly, perfection on a card!

Deepti said...

Oh Michelle!! I have fallen in love with ur take on the RIC n CTS challenge. It's jaw dropping amazing and ur floral umbrella is simply adorable :)

hazelspaperdesigns said...

Oooooh!!! Agreeing all the way with Deepti and Artful Notions!! Your CAS and RIC has totally blown me away!! Totally love what you have done with the sketch!!

Leigh Penner said...

Lovely cards! I love your super cool take on the sketch & inspiration photo!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Love your beautiful original take on Ric/ and the sketch. You could enter the handwriting challenge at MFW. The umbrella card is gorgeous - very special!

cards said...

Both cards are beautifully designed and so different. The top one is such a clever design with the perfectly positioned and co-ordinated spots of colour. The second one is delightfully decorated.
Heather T

Jennifer Rzasa said...

So cool and modern looking! Thank you so much for joining us on the Runway!