Thursday, February 27, 2014

...Brighten Your Day

Hello there!


I am playing along with the WPlus9 birthday celebration!!! We are challenged to go outside our comfort zone. Not hard for me...anything that requires more than two steps is too much effort for me! I am not really a technique person...I just want to ink, stamp, add some sequins, and I am done!

I have been admiring the stencil look and spray mists...BUT, I DON'T DO MESSY!

So I picked up some Heidi Swapp stencils and color spray with a coupon from Michaels! Here I go...outside my comfort zone...
Well, I am so impressed with how 'not' messy it is!
 I LOVE it!!!!

After I taped the stencil to the cardstock I inked it up with Hero Arts soft blossom and soft sand shadow inks. Than I sprayed the area with color shine spray in gold. It creates such a beautiful shimmer!!! I trimmed the cardstock and adhered it to a black base.

Than I added some beautiful spring flowers from WPlus9, Fresh Cut Florals stamps and dies. I used ColorBox ink in moss green and orchid, and HA blossom.  The sentiment is blanket stitched blooms. I used black ink from HA.

I added some Heidi Swapp heart embellishments and scattered some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh! How do you like that shimmer?! Love it! I must say I am hooked!

I am also adding this to The Card Concept... floral theme
My Style:
6. Classy and Elegant

Definition:
  • polished
  • shiny finish
  • sparkling embellishments
  • rich colour scheme
  • sophisticated sentiments
  • regal
  • sweeping
  • dramatic
  • monochromatic
  • layered textures
  • awe
  • impress

 And also Freshly Made Sketches...
Thanks for stopping by!


Michelle


23 comments:

Lee-Anne said...

Wow, Michelle, this is fabulous! Love your shimmery stenciled background! Gorgeous card!

Deepti said...

This is fabulous, yet another winner. ur cards always win my heart ;)that shimmer is awesome

Kara said...

beautiful!

Lyn Wallan-Smith said...

Such a beautiful card I love the shimmer added to the stencilling so so pretty

Lin said...

Oh, Michelle, this is so PRETTY! Yes, stencils are fun, and now that you've tried them, they may become addictive! Love how your card all pulled together!

Lisa said...

Holy smokes Michelle this is stellar!!! Honestly I don't think it could be any prettier. Well done my sweet friend!

Greta said...

Drop dead gorgeous! One of my favorite cards!

Cathy Weber said...

If the shine and sparkle is this good in a photograph...I can only imagine how beautiful it is in person! I LOVE this card...the stenciling is fabulous, really makes me want to go out and get some of that great spray! Love what you have made outside of your comfort zone!

Kristie Goulet said...

So beautiful, Michelle!!! Love the stenciling!

Dawn said...

This is amazing! So glad to read that you discovered something new to you AND liked it! I have enjoyed all of your entries this month SO much!

Karren said...

This is just beautiful, Michelle and must look even more stunning IRL. I love the little cluster of elements you've put together! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

KayM said...

Wow!! This is beautiful!! I love the soft pretty stenciled background! Absolutely stunning card! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept! :)

Maria said...

Wow! You achieved a gorgeous effect with the the stencil and color spray! Pretty flowers, too! What a beauty...love it!

Lesley Croghan said...

Oh no...I think you have sold me and now I need some spray and stencils. Very pretty card, Michelle!

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful, gorgeous, stunning card!

Rita Wright said...

Stunning card, Michelle! I love the shimmer and the lovely effect you achieved with your stencil and spray. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

Rosemary said...

absolutely gorgeous, michelle!!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the stenciled background & beautiful cluster of flowers!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh wow this is stunning Michelle! Your background is truly amazing and I love your little spray of flowers! thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches and The Card Concept!

Donna said...

Your card is sooo gorgeous, soft and beautiful! You did a great, an impressive, job! Thanks for inspiring! :)

Angela said...

This is just stellar, Michelle!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Michelle this is really stunning!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Soft and sensual and brilliant, Michelle! I love this! Congratulations on the well-deserved HM honor from CCC!! Hugs, Darnell