Saturday, December 14, 2013

You Make Me Happy...

Hello there!

Welcome back to another new challenge from Dynamic Duos....

I have to be honest...I had a difficult time matching up the Marina Mist shade. I have cardstock from Papertrey Ink that is really close, but I wanted to use pattern paper. So the closest I had was from Teresa Collins Summer Stories.

Honestly, the blue is a better match in the light. My blues always turn gray....not sure why?!  The striped paper is from My Mind's Eye Chalk Studio.
The sentiment stamp is from Papertrey Ink, We Go Together. I used black ink from Hero Arts. I was so tempted to add some sequins, but where ever I placed then just didn't look right.

The flower was made using a Sizzix die, tattered flower and vellum paper from recollections. The button and twine are from PTI. I trimmed some leaves from burlap I purchased at Michaels.

I followd the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches...

Come stop by the Blog and see what the wonderful design team created...

Hope you play along!!!


Michelle

 

18 comments:

canadian_liner said...

Lovely, elegant card, Michelle. You have a great eye for combining pattern and texture. Love that vellum flower with the burlap leaves.

Maria said...

Love this card, Michelle! Such a pretty flower with leaves! Love the design and great mix of papers! Have a great weekend, hugs!

Tenia Nelson said...

So beautiful!!!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love that gorgeous vellum flower and the burlap leaves. Great textures.

Angel Johns said...

Love your card and especially the flower. Very creative!

Lisa said...

Love the way you used the colors Michelle! And I am swooning over your PRETTY PRETTY flower!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This card is so beautiful Michelle! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Ros Crawford said...

Another stunner ... so pretty!

Dena J said...

This is stunning! Love the soft flower paired with burlap leaves. Got to be one of the prettiest cards I've seen in a while.

Rosemary said...

so very beautiful, michelle!

Linda Suarez said...

I love this card Michelle! So, so pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Julie Gearinger said...

Love your soft vellum flower with the burlap leaves and other details!! Great job combining the Dynamic Duo challenge with the FMS Sketch! :-)

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Oh, pick me up off the floor- I just fainted from the beauty of this card. So soft and pretty! WOW! I agree with others- your eye for pattern and texture is fantastic, Michelle!

Cindy Lovell said...

Oh WOW! I love this card!! Beautiful layering and i love the vellum flower...so pretty!!
Thank you so much for joining us at FMS!!

Rita Wright said...

Amazing card! I love the colors and that stunning flower! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Annette Elliott said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!

Kelly S. said...

LOVE it! So fresh and lovely!!

Lindsey said...

ADORE this one! Every single pattern and detail is absolutely perfect and fabulous in every way.