Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Hang Your Heart...

Hello Crafters!

Click here for the Paper Sweeties Post.

Hope you are doing well and getting ready for the Christmas Season. I did start my shopping, just for the kids. Truth be told, the hardest person to shop for is my husband...it drives me nuts!!!

Well anyhow, I have a card to share with you...

I followed the skeych from Seize the Sketch...
 
and I can also add it to CASology


Here is my card....
The ribbon stamp is from Flourishes, All that Glitters.  I created a mask with a Spellbinders heart die and used a pencil eraser to stamp dots. I inked the eraser up with Color Box, Cranberry. I continued stamping until the ink faded. The sequins are from Neat & Tangled Stamps.

The cardstock and sentiment are from Papertrey Ink, Love Lives Here: Holiday. I also used a PTI embossing plate, linen.

Black ink is Hero Arts.


Thanks for taking a peek!

Michelle



 

23 comments:

Jasleen said...

Beautiful card and amazing stamping. Just love it.

Bobby said...

I love the way you stamped the heart and that little ribbon is just darling.

Charlene said...

Beautiful Michelle!!!

Lisa said...

Holy smokes this is PRETTY Michelle!! Love the idea of the dots and then the sparkly sequins on top. Pretty design too!

Tracey McNeely said...

Michelle this is so beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing with us at CASology this week!

canadian_liner said...

FABulous design! Inspired by the sweet sentiment, no doubt. I love this kind of mixed media inking (using the eraser is just brilliant).

wienerhoneymooners said...

lovely CASness!!!

Thanks for adding this wonderful lovely to the CASology Gallery and joining us this week in the fun!

Maria said...

Oh, how beautiful, Michelle! I just love that pretty heart!

Kelly S. said...

Oh MY! The whole thing looks like it's made from sequins...awesome idea, Michelle!

~amy~ said...

way toooooo sweet!
Thanks for playing with us at Seize the Sketch!

Beverley said...

Stunning! Love the faux sequin effect - beautiful. Hugs Bev x

Ros Crawford said...

Love this ... Beautifully done with the offset heart

Rosemary said...

gorgeous take on the sketch and the cue word, michelle! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

Helen J said...

Love that heart!

Julie C. said...

WOW! Love how you stamped that heart. For start I thought they were little sequins! I have to try this technique sometime by using pencil eraser, looks great!! ^_^

Lindsey said...

Love this! What a brilliant idea to use your pencil eraser to stamp the dots.

Susan Renshaw said...

What a super design - thanks for the excellent instructions!

Melissa said...

This is so sweet and beautiful, Michelle! Now I'm having a "why didn't I think of that" moment...never tried making a defined shape with those inked pencil eraser dots! I've always been random with them. A whole new door of creative ideas has now opened for me thanks to you!!! :)
Thank you so much for joining us at CASology this week!

Jean said...

A great idea for the coloring and a fantastic CAS design!

Lori said...

Just gorgeous! Love how you created the heart image.

Judy1223 said...

Michelle, this is quite brilliant! I actually thought the whole heart was sequins at first...very cool eraser technique! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

aileen (mum) said...

Wow beautiful card, like Judy I thought the heart was all sequins. Love love this look.

Radhika said...

WoW !!superb card love the stamping ..Thanks for sharing :)