Saturday, December 14, 2013

Bring on the Happy

Good morning!

Oh baby, It's cold outside!!! Snowing and dreary here in New York, but beautiful! I don't care what it's doing outside as long as I am home with my family!

I created a birthday card for a cousin of mine who is turning 50!

I used the sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch!...


I used some wood leaves and a bouquet of flowers to relpicate the circles...

The color palette of aqua, lilac and white/ivory is her favorite! I like it too, very soft and sophisticated!
I also used the color palette from Color Throwdown...
It's hard to tell, but the cetainly celery shade are the stamen of the flowers (pollen)...
The wood flourishes are from Kaiser Craft. The cherry blossom flowers are from Wild orchid Crafts. The satin ribbon and pin are from Joanns. The sentiment stamp is from Hero Arts, black ink too. I used white cardstock from Papertrey Ink. I added some embossed stitches with my scor-bug. The sequins are from Neat& Tangled Stamps. The enamel dots are My Mind's Eye.

Such a simple card to make! Thanks for taking a peek!

Michelle


 

11 comments:

Karren said...

This is gorgeous! Your mix of textures and white space is a fantastic combination.

Lisa said...

This is Beeeeeautiful Michelle!! Wow did you work magic with the colors girl, I love this card!!

Barbara said...

This is gorgeous! Love all the white space and those wooden leaves are a perfect backdrop for those flowers! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh this is stunning ... I love the way you used those colours to make such a beautiful card!

Cindy Lovell said...

WOW,i love the card! Beautiful colors and i love the wooden leaves!!

Rosemary said...

absolutely stunning, michelle!!

Broni said...

Your card is gorgeous, Michelle! I love the combination of the wood leaves with the beautiful flowers! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous!! Love the mix of textures, white space, and color!! Thanks for joining us at CTD!!

donna mikasa said...

Such a yummy color combo and a great take on the sketch!

Betty J. said...

Oh WOW. What a pretty card. Love it! Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

Lindsey said...

Beautiful, Michelle! Congrats on your shout-out! In fact, I've seen several of your cards highlighted/win lately on various challenges, and I'm thrilled for you. :) You deserve it! I hope you and your family have the merriest of Christmases. I'm so grateful to have you as a blogging friend. :)