Friday, November 22, 2013

Bring on the happy

Hello there!

TGIF!!!

I just want to share with you what I created using the CAS-ual Fridays newest challenge...Create With 8...
 So I went with 8 candles!
Can I tell you, I have been wanting to make a card like this for some time now. I have seen them all over the blogs and card making magazines and have loved them!

But, I some what cheated.
I used paper straws instead of pattern paper for my candles....I was a little lazy!

I used yellow cord for the wicks, the kind you use for necklaces or bracelets. The paper straws are from Just Artifacts and Michaels. That fun sentiment is from Hero Arts. The cardstock is Papertrey Ink and the gems are Recollections.

Thanks for taking a peek!

Michelle


 

14 comments:

Lisa said...

You brought the happy to me Michelle, this card just makes me smile!!! CUTE ;)

Greta said...

Darling card! I would have used straws, too--looks great & means more time to make more cards!

Tracey McNeely said...

Really fun card Michelle! Love the candles.

maria f. said...

SO. MUCH. FUN. And a CAS beaut!

Ros Crawford said...

I Love this! ... never thought to use straws! I always sat rolling paper! Thanks for the tip!

Maria said...

So cute and fun! Love those candles!

Rosemary said...

oh those candles are too cute... fantastic card, michelle!

Lindsey said...

LOVE this! What a fabulous idea!

Jan Larson said...

Adorable card!!

Jingle said...

Love the paper straws! Very cute card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

Sylvia Blum said...

This is so beautiful and clever! LOVE it, Michelle!!!
Thank you for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays
Sylvia xx

Keke said...

This is soo pretty!!

Kelly Griglione said...

Consider the "happy" brought!! Love (and a little jealous) that you own so many of the paper straws! Such a great card. Thank you so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Katherine said...

I know this is an older post, but I love the candles! I want to feature your card for Trendy Tuesday article for the blog at Paper Crafters Library. You can ck out the blog here: http://blog.papercrafterslibrary.com/ The image of your project will credit you and link back to your blog as well. If you do not wish to be featured for this article, just let me know.