Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Papertrey September Blog Hop Challenge

Hello there!

It's time for the PTI September Blog Hop...are you playing along?

I love the theme this month...wreaths!!!

It was so hard for me to choose which style I wanted but I came up two...


No, not your typical wreath. I wanted to go with a whispy feather-like style. Hope I achieved that look.

                                                      










For this card I used rustic cream cardstock, The Sweet Life stamp set, Snowflake Flurries stamp set and Lovely layers stamp set, all PTI. The embossing strip is from Cuttlebug. The inks are Color Box lavender, olive pastel and moss green, PTI classic kraft. The sequins are from Neat & Tangled stamps. The tiny bud is Recollections. The white flower centers are from Michaels ( they kind of look like q tips!)

 
                                  









For the heart wreath card I used white rustic cardstock, Lovely Layers stamp set and Mat Stack 2 stamp set. The twine and inks, classic kraft and berry sorbet are also PTI. Sequins are Neat & Tangled.

I had so much fun...I can't wait to see what everyone has created...more inspiration!

Thanks for stopping by!

Michelle

26 comments:

Connie MacFarlane said...

Very, very pretty Michelle! I would say you definitely achieved the look you were going for.

Martha said...

Michelle, both cards are simply adorable! I love the designs! Beautifully done!

Joni nina Andaya said...

Love this Michelle! your cards are fabulous!

Rosemary said...

your feathery wreaths are just beautiful, michelle!! (hope you got lots of sleep last night!!)

Tracey McNeely said...

Michelle you get an A+ for creativity my friend. Your wreaths are brilliant and beautiful!

Steph Hilt said...

Oh my, I just love what you created here. Both of your wreaths are just beautiful. You definitely achieved a wispy look. I am going to check my stamps to see which set has that image you used. So creative!

Lisa said...

Oh my GOODNESS Michelle, these are so delicate,wispy and PRETTY!! Amazing work today!!

Jacquie Southas said...

These are both simply stunning! I love the stamp you used to create the wreaths - soft, feathery & light!

Shay said...

Michelle, your cards are simply divine! I love how pretty and dainty they are and how you created those lovely wreaths. Thank you so much for your too kind comment on my blog.

Laura Jane said...

Airy ELEGANCE!

Renee said...

Beautiful! :)

Leigh Penner said...

What a creative way to build your wreaths! They both look fantastic!

Kelly Griglione said...

ooh, your whispy, heart wreath is so stunning!! Absolutely adore how light and happy it is : )

maria f. said...

OK, I'm going to write the word too because it's exactly what I thought - a wispy wreath. I just love the love card.

Charlene said...

So pretty Michelle! I love the design!!!

Marybeth said...

Oh Michelle… there is so much beauty here! Love these cards with your delicate wreaths .

nancy jane said...

What a creative way to use that stamp from Lovely Layers. You were successful in making soft and wispy wreaths.

Tonya Jastad said...

Very romantic looking! Great job!

Kristii said...

Absolutely beautiful!!

Lindsey said...

These are amazing! I love them both, but the heart is probably my favorite just because it is so unique. I adore how you created these whispy wreaths. And I chuckled when you made the comments about the Q-tip similarity. I hadn't thought that until you mentioned it, but they do look like Q-tips. Ha. P.S. I've been catching up on your posts. I'm so sorry about your sleep problems. I hope that gets better soon!

Jill Norwood said...

I love your wreaths! They are so wispy and dainty! I had an idea for a felt heart wreath that is half finished on my desk...I ran out of time. :)

Jingle said...

These are very pretty!

Arielle ~ SnappyStamper said...

Oooh - these are gorgeous~ Michelle! I do love the feather~y look!

carefree creations said...

These are awesome! I love your stamp choice for creating the wreaths!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my ... these are beautiful!!

Judy1223 said...

OK, these are both SERIOUSLY gorgeous!