Thursday, July 11, 2013

To Stamp or Not to Stamp

Hello all!

What's going on today?
Not much here...relaxing day at home.

So, I'm playing along with Moxie Fabs Birthday Sketch Challenge...

Use the sketch to create a card that is all stamped or no stamping whatsoever!  What do you think?
I was very comfortable creating an all stamped card.



Cardstock is Papertrey Ink. The framed floral blossom stamp is Hero Arts. The sentient is My Favorite Things Stamps. I used black ink from Hero Arts. I used Copic Markers in YG11, R32, YO2 and BG11.

Here is anotherusing the sketch...

Stamps and cardstock are Papertrey Ink. Copic Markers in R35, BG13, BG11 and W3. Black ink Hero Arts.
I decided to try and make  a card without any stamping! Oh boy, this was mind boggling for me!!!


I had a hard time keeping it simple. It just felt unfinished until I added something, and then something else....and then something else! Perhaps I went overboard!


Cardstock is from Papertrey Ink. Pattern papers are from My Mind's Eye. Square dies are PTI, scalloped square die is Spellbinders. The wood butterflies are Recollections...love them! The chipboard butterfly and heart are Heidi Swapp. All buttons are PTI.
The alphabet stickers are Recollections. Enamel dots are My Mind's Eye.Twine is from The Twinery. Flowers are Recollections. Doily is from Michaels.

Thanks for stopping by!

Michelle





9 comments:

Lin said...

Michelle, you get an A+ from me! LOVE each of these cards, such great takes on that sketch!!

Charlene said...

Great card Michelle! I know what you mean about adding more and more lol!! It's hard not to!

Maria said...

Beautiful cards, Michelle! You do any style very well...great job!

Robin K. said...

I love 'em all Michelle but that choo choo train tugs at my heart- so sweet:)

Lisa said...

A perfect trio of cards Michelle!! Goodness your PTI train turned out SO cute, makes me want to pull mine out and blow the dust off!! Love all of the tid bits you added to the last one, it has a collage feel to it.

Rosemary said...

what a fun set of cards, michelle... each is a fantastic take on the sketch!

Cath said...

Hey Michelle! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Sketch Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Karen said...

great cards....

artful-notions said...

You did both sketch challenges great! And the no stamping is not too much. I think it's perfect. Great piecing and detailing.