Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A Few Challenges

Good morning to you!

I'm just sitting here watching The Golden Girls...my all time favorite sitcom!!! They don't make shows like this anymore!

I would like to share with you some cards I created for two challenges...

Retro Sketches      
 
For this card I used stamps and dies from W Plus 9. Cardstock and buttons are from Papetrey Ink. The pattern paper is from My Mind's Eye. The vellum paper is from Recollections, border punch is Fiskars. For the inks: black is Hero Arts, scarlet and surf is Color Box.

Next challenge is Colour Q

For this card all cardstock is from Papertrey Ink. I used a Fiskars corner punch to round off the corners. The 'Dream Big' sentiment is from My Favorite Things stamps. I inked it up with black ink from Hero Arts. The pearl brad is Recollections.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek!

Michelle
 

10 comments:

Lisa said...

A pair of pretty cards today Michelle! I am smitten with that sweet banners and your did a fabulous job with the CQ colors!!

Brenda said...

These are both totally fabulous cards Michelle! I love the woodgrain paper with the hanging hearts, and you totally nailed the very mod-retro look in your second card! Awesome!

Rosemary said...

amazing set of cards, michelle!! love how you used the colors on the second one... so fab!

Sylvia said...

Fun card, Michell love all the cut out colors! Thanks for joining us this week at the colourQ.

Ros Crawford said...

Fabulous cards!! I love the hanging hearts and beautiful sentiment and I adore what you did for the Color Q challenge ... just perfect!

Tracey McNeely said...

Michelle I love your take on the RetroSketches sketch and those handcrafted petals are fantastic. Thank you for joining us this week at the colourQ!

Cathy Weber said...

I love your dream big card...great idea to make one of the shapes "big"...such a smart idea!

Julie said...

great use of the color combo!

Jennifer said...

I love how you created such a dynamic card with the simple shapes on the Dream Big card. It looks fantastic!

Lindsey said...

Both cards are completely wonderful, but I have to say, I completely love the first...everything about it makes me smile and I adore the vellum border.