Saturday, June 8, 2013

Sin City Stamps Blog Hop

Hello all and welcome to the Sin City Stamps Blog Hop!!!!

Our theme for the hop is 'CIRCUS'...sound like fun?...Come hop along!!!
Each blog you visit will offer a $10 gift certificate to Sin City Stamps, but you have to leave a comment to be eligible to win! And one grand prize winner will win a $20 gift certificate to Sin City Stamps...first comment on all the blogs and like the Sin City Stamps Facebook Page!

Your fist stop is Sin City Stamps Blog....

But first I would like to share with you what I created for the hop...



 


                                               






The sentiment reads...'Love can hope where reason would despair'...sigh***

 
For the harlequin card I used the sets Steampunk Circus and Art Journaling. I stamped the background using the diamond pattern stamp from Art Journaling. The clown and sentiment are from Steampunk Circus. The labels die, leaf die and banner dies are all from Spellbinders. The rolled rose die is Die-Namics. Black ink is Hero Arts. Cardstock is Papertery Ink. Cord and gems are Michaels.
 
 
Next card...
 
I wanted to be a bit more cheerful! I went with lots of circus colors! I used the same stamp sets for this card! I stamped the background using the circles stamp from Art Journaling in several color inks: scarlet, khaki green and true blue from Color Box and butter bar shadow ink from Hero Arts.
The clown stamp is from the set Steampunk Circus. I stamped the clown with black ink from Hero Arts. I used Copic Markers R29, Y35, G24 and B24 to color the clown. Then I cut him out using Spellbinders circle and scallop circle dies. I created the medallion using the glitter cardstock from DCWV. The banner tails were cut from cardstock and I added some faux stitching using a white gel pen. All cardstock is Papertrey Ink. The sentiments are also from the set 'Steampunk Circus'.

Here is the blog hop line up:
These amazing designers all have beautiful things to share with you today!

Thanks so much for staooping by! Hope you enjoyed your stay! Keep hopping!
I can't wait to announce the winner!


Michelle

 

20 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Michelle, love both of your cards. How totally fun love the argyle background and then that fabby rosette.

Terri Sproul said...

two really cute cards.

Karen Lackey said...

I love your cards, especially the great backgrounds you made!

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

your cards are right up my alley and I think they're enchanting - love the backgrounds especially!

brava!

Shanna Shands said...

Fabulous cards. I love the primary colors in the second, but that paper in the first is amazing!

Pammejo said...

Fabulous cards, love the coloring and other techniques you shared.

Ros Crawford said...

OMG ... what stunning cards ... I love the colours in the second card ... terrific stamping and design ... And only you could take a circus theme and create something elegant and so touching as in the first card ... These are beyond amazing!!

Barbara Rankin said...

These are both great cards with such different sentiments. I love how you used the sad clown for a love theme, and the bright clown is also fabulous. Great job!

Becca Boriscrapbookera said...

Very nice! Becca

Cynthia McCoy said...

I love both cards, but especially the second one and the way you did the circles!

Lisa said...

Fantastic circus cards Michelle! Love the pop of red on the first and the fun polka dots on the second!!

Robin Horasanian said...

Both cards are very cute. I especially love the black & white one.

Paula Jennings said...

such cute cards!

Tonya said...

Love both cards!!! Super fun on the second card and the first card is simply and elegant!

Lyneen said...

Great cards! My favorite is the second one with all the bright colors and the awesome clown!

~Tammy~ said...

Two terrific cards! Love the dots on the second!

Maria said...

Wowsa! Fab job on these clown cards, Michelle! I had to take a closer look to view those amazing clowns. Perfect backgrounds with great interest! First card is very classic with gorgeous pop of color with the flower. The second card is fun with lots of color! Great job on both cards, Michelle!

Debi tullier said...

I love the great projects in this blog hop so much! Great Work!

Squiddy said...

Love the way the rosette matches the clown's collar

Angelica Chambers said...

I like the second bright card, but the harlequin card stole my heart... There's just something about him...thanks for two great projects!