Thursday, June 27, 2013

I thought of you and smiled!

Hello all!

We have been off to crappy start to our summer. The weather has been lousy....hot, 'sticky' humid and thunderstorms! Really bad hair weather! The weather forecastors say the next seven days will bring the same. Hopefully, this time they are wrong...***wink!

I have been playing along with Stamp Away With Me.... It's the WPlus 9 Stamp Company Blog. Every other monday they host a new challenge. I love them!

Here is the newest Monday Mood Board...


I have to share something funny with you. After I shot the photos and uploaded them to my blog, I felt there was something about the card I didn't like. I focused for quite a while...and it finally came to me....the chevrons remind me of Charlie Brown's shirt!!! It somewhat killed the card for me.

 
But anyhow, I used two stamp sets from WPlus 9, Backgrounds and Borders, and Heartfelt Mix. The heart dies coordinate with the stamps. The kraft cardstock is Papertrey Ink. I used  black ink from Hero Arts and razzleberry ink from Color Box. I embossed the last chevron with gold embossing powder from Stampendous.


The labels die is Spellbinders.  The white cord, clear gems and gold sequins are all from Michaels. The white cherry blossom is from The Ribbon Reel. Corner punch is Fiskars.

Thanks for stopping by!

Michelle




9 comments:

Lisa said...

Well I think your little ole Charlie Brown card is perfectly cute! Love the layered hearts, great take on the challenge. I'm with you and the humidity BLAH, my hair gets SO wavy and it's short!!!

Kara Lynne said...

Funny shirt story! I don't see it, I love the chevrons. Beautiful job with that mood board.

Rosemary said...

now that you mention it the stripes do look like charlie brown's shirt, but your card is pretty darn fabulous!! our summer has been kinda weird too... we have had some nice sunny days and then high humidity and rain... yuck!

Dortesjs said...

great, and love the layer hearts

Ros Crawford said...

Love your interpretation! Beautiful stamping once again! have a lovely weekend

Mary Ann said...

Super cute card!Love your sentiment!!!

Maria said...

Great take on the challenge! Lovely hearts and flower! Too CUTE about thinking of Charlie Brown's shirt! Have a great weekend, hugs!

Jeanne J said...

Hi Michelle! I love the pop of pink and the sprinkle of sequins!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

I love how you did the hearts--so perfect in pink!

Chris L.