Saturday, June 8, 2013

Bloom Where you are Planted

Good morning!
What a difference a day makes...two days of nonstop rain and now the sun is out and the skies are blue!!! Unfortunatley, I have a basement full of water...but I am happy for the sunshine!

I love the inspiration photo this week at Tuesday Trigger....

 
How could you be anything but happy looking at this photo!!! So I wanted to recreate happiness...
 
The flower stamps and dies and background polka dot stamp are from Papertrey Ink. I stamped the flowers using soft blossom shadow ink from Hero Arts. For the leaves I used khaki green dye ink from Color Box. I colored them in with Copic Markers Y02, Y23, R81 and G21. The labels dies are Spellbinders. The sentiment is from Paper Sweeties.  The enamel dots are from Teresa Collins.



I added a bit of embossing with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. The flower center is a bling sticker from Jolee's. Some zigzag stitching to finish it off!


Thanks for peeking!

Michelle

9 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

A basement full of water, yikes! I know what you're doing this weekend. Beautiful, cheerful card, I love your flower with the yellow and bling in the center.

Tracey McNeely said...

So sorry about the water. :( Your card is absolutely gorgeous, as I knew it would be. Sending you sunshine.

Ros Crawford said...

What a happy and cheerful card this is ... beautifully done ... love the embossing on the side too ... Hope you get your basement sorted soon

Lisa said...

Oh NO, sorry about the basement that's NO FUN! Your card on the other hand is full of fun! Polka dots, pretty flowers and embossing, love it Michelle!

~Tammy~ said...

Eek sorry to hear about the basement!

Your card is just darling! A very sweet and dightful approach to the trigger!

Linda Keating said...

Well done!

Maria said...

So sorry to hear about all the rain and flooded basement! Hope things improve soon in that regard! Your card is so pretty with the huge pink flower! Love how you did the background with polka dots! Great job with the embossing, too!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Gorgeous Michelle! I adore the combination of the background with the beautiful flower ! Good luck with the cleaning up!

Cath said...

Hey Michelle! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)