Friday, April 19, 2013

Butterflies and polka dots...

I have been waiting all week to say this....TGIF!!!
Wow...It's been a hectic week! Time to unwind.

How are you?

I have a few cards to share with you.
This first one is for Tuesday Trigger
 
I wanted to focus on the polka dots and I totally love the yellow and blue color combo!
I created the polka dot background by using a circle punch to cut out circles. Then I adhered them to the yellow cardstock. Then I embossed the whole yellow panel. I added a straight stitch to the border.
 

All cardstock, sentiment stamp, and embossing plate are from Papertrey Ink. The black ink is Hero Arts. The circle punch is Martha Stewart. The tag punch is McGill. The white satin ribbon is from AC Moore. The flower is from Wild Orchid Crafts.


This next card is for CASE Study...

JJ Bolton is the April Muse...

I used a butterfly die and stamp from My Favorite Things Stamps. The cardstock is from Papertrey Ink. I scattered some gems from Recolletions and added some faux stitching with a white gel pen from Inkssentials.

The sentiment stamp is from Paper Sweeties.  The set is called Beautiful. The pattern papers are from My Minds Eye. The pin and cord are from Joanns. The tiny flower is from Wild Orchid Crafts. I used wet cement ink from Hero Arts and violet ink from Color Box.



Thanks for stopping by!

Michelle




 

12 comments:

Lisa said...

These are SUPER Michelle! You know i do love me some polka dots and your butterfly card oozes SPRING!!!

Linda said...

Pretty card. Love the colors.

Jeanne J said...

Hi Michelle! Love the polka dots - they're just so fun and the purple butterfly on the green background is a pretty color combo! I really like the sparkle and the bitty twine bow and flower too!

Maria said...

What a fab design with all those circles on the first card, Michelle! Second card is so pretty with lovely butterfly and cute banners with flower! Take care and have a great weekend, hugs!

Ros Crawford said...

Two terrific cards ... I love those dots! Both of these have your signature of elegance ...

My Paper Epiphany said...

I love your take on the TT. The case study card is gorgeous - I love thee colours together and the clever design.

Karen D said...

Your polka dot baby card is gorgeous.

Cath said...

Hey Michelle! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Barb Murphy said...

both cards are gorgeous Michelle! I love the dots and soft flower of the first...and the diecut and butterfly...the color combo is lovely...of the second are perfect!

Teneale Williams said...

Oh I just adore both your cards, I mean ADORE! Thanks for playing at CASE Study this week.

Andrea Ewen said...

Gorgeous, Michelle! Love that big, purple butterfly!

cbuswell said...

Beautiful! I love that shade of green! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!