Thursday, January 17, 2013

Creating backgrounds...

Hello again my fellow crafters!!!

In a few hours we will be able to say, "TGIF"!!!!  YEAH!!!!

Warning: this post will be overloaded with pictures! But I have a quick tutorial to share with you on how to create your own pattern papers. They can be so expensive after a while. It's also fun to make your own!

Sin City Scraps  is holding a DT call. So I am sending this post to them.


Alot of the frames and label stamps today make for great background patterns. All stamps I used are from Papertrey Ink. The white cardstock is from Recollections and the kraft is PTI. I used Color Box inks in curry, peacock and chianti. Here is the finished card...

This is how I created the pattern paper...

Trim your cardstock to your desired size. Mine is 4 1/2 x 6 inches. I used acrylic blocks with grids. This comes in handy when aligning stamps.

Place your first image in the center of the paper. This doesn't have to be exact.

Next, stamp your image on top and bottom...like so

This is where it can get a little tricky. That's why I like the grid blocks.

When stamping along side the center images
I like to line up the stamps with the grids as shown.  The arrow points to the line I use to position. Just keep repeating this step and use the grids.










Next we add a new design and new color....


Use the same technique when adding this image...let the grid lines do the work.






Here is what this stamp adds to the design...


and the last stamp we add is a tiny flower...this one is pretty simple...





How pretty is that?! Any color and any style!
Other embellishments include: leaf pins from The Ribbon Reel; ribbon and crochet trim from Joanns; resin frame from Melissa Frances; white flower from Michaels, felt from PTI and flower die from Die-Namics; liquid pearls in white.
I am entering this into Moxie Fabs Tuesday Trigger.... Sweet Dreams and also Background Paper challenge.



Thanks so much for stopping by...let me know what you think!

Michelle

16 comments:

Lisa said...

This is glorious Michelle and your tutorial is perfection! Great job ;)

Robin K. said...

I think this is awesome Michelle!!!! Your pictorial is fantastic!! I really need to invest in one of those grid blocks!

Rosemary said...

wow... this is gorgeous, michelle! the background you created is amazing! good luck with the dt call!

Ros Crawford said...

OMG This is a fabulous background ... I will wish you luck but don't think you will need it ... you have an amazing talent

Terri Sproul said...

Great project, and Directions. Thanks for your submission to be on the SinCity Scraps DT

Marlena M. said...

Lovely work Michelle~so elegant!

Lyndal said...

FAB, FAB, FAB stamping & card Michelle :) LOVE it!

Brenda said...

Gorgeous background building you did Michelle and thanks for the tips you gave too! Stunning card!

fun stamping said...

Gorgeous card - fits both challenges so well!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Ummm1 I'm almost lost for words! Such wonderful stamping and the design is just so perfect. The should win both challenges!

Stella said...

I think I see a winner! You are so talented and your card is stunning!
Thanks for sharing your tutorial about background stamping!

Crea S said...

Wow what a great background. Just looks like Designpaper from a pad.
Thanks for your comment!

~Tammy~ said...

Stunning Michelle! Perfect take on the trigger!

Maria said...

Fabulous!!! Love the background, beautiful colors, and flower! Thanks so much for the tutorial!

Cath said...

Hey Michelle! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Cath said...

Hey Michelle! Thanks also for linking this up to the Make Your Own Background Paper Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun there as well! :)