Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Mother.....Be Merry and Bright

Hello!!!

How are you today!
All is well here.

I can't believe Christmas is just a few weeks away! I need to focus on my shopping list and my wish list!   I've been eyeing some new stamps from Waltzingmouse that I am going to ask Santa to give me! So I better be a good girl! ;)

I have two cards to share woth you tonight....hence the funny blog title.

This first card I followed the Waltzingmouse Sketch ...

 
I used sentiment stamps from Waltzingmouse.  I embossed the 'Mother' sentiment with white embossing powder. The cardstock is from Papertrey Ink.  The beautiful pattern papers are from Carta Bella, Beautiful Moments....my favorite paper pad!
 
The labels die and leaf die are Spellbinder's. The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. The black ink is Hero Arts. I scattered some pink gems  and pearls from Recollections.



Next,
I used the color pallette from Colour Q ...
 
I used a wood block stamp from Hero Arts called 'Antique Mosaic'.  All inks are Colorbox: rouge, surf, fresh green and chianti. The white and red cardstock are Papertrey Ink. The dies are from Spellbinders. The twine is from The Twinery.
                              The gems and pearls are Recollections. Black ink is Hero Arts.

Thanks for stopping by!

Michelle

15 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness Michelle these are both awesome! Love the paper you chose for the banners and the sweet little flowers. Your CQC card is divine...love it to BITS!

I hope you get the stamps on your wish list...I've started one of my own!

Tracey McNeely said...

Michelle, two beautiful cards for sure. Your colour and paper choice for WM are so serene. That woodblock stamp is gorgeous for your colourQ card, again great use of colour. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

Deborah Frings said...

I really like your take on the sketch - such a beautiful card! And your Merry & Bright card is stunning! Love the vibrant colours and the sparkle on the sentiment. Great work!

Rosemary said...

both cards are fabulous, michelle! love how you used the colourQ colors on the second one!

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous, both of them! Fun squares and nice way to incorporate the colors. Beautiful banners on you WMS card.

Edna Morrisedie said...

Love the clean lines, this is sooooo sweet! Thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Love the clean lines, this is sooooo sweet! Thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

Jean Martin said...

Michelle these are lovely!!!! Great take on the sketch too! :)

Jeanne J said...

That sentiment on the first card for your mother is beautiful! She will love this... and as for the second...wow am I loving all that color - like Christmas lights - so pretty!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful cards, Michelle, love your use of the colors! Thanks for sharing your cards with us this week at the colourQ.

Kelly S. said...

Oh, I think that you have been very good this year, Michelle! Santa seems to have an "in" with Waltzingmouse, so I am sure those stamps will make their way to your house from Irelan...err, the North Pole!! LOVE the way you did that background on your Christmas card! The colors are so much fun and you placed the pieces together perfectly...looks like patterned paper! Your sketch card is so light and airy, beautiful papers and flowers!

Maria said...

Gorgeous cards again, Michelle! Both are so very interesting with the sketches and color palettes! You did a perfect job with them both!!!

Kara said...

Beautiful cards!!Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the ColourQ!

Ros Crawford said...

I just love your fishtail banners ... no one does them like you ... your card for WM is stunning ... the Colour Q card is so pretty! ... I just love how you put those colours together ...

LeAnne said...

Both cards are beautiful, but that mosaic one is stunning! What a gorgeous image! Thanks for sharing this with us at the CQC this week!