Monday, November 19, 2012

Holiday Blessings and Cozy Wishes

Hello there!

My favorite holiday is fast approaching and there is much to do! Can you believe I'm having a hard time finding the right size artichokes? I don't like them very large...the small to medium size are the ones I want. So tomorrow I will start another search. I will be entertaining around 22 people....I love it!

What do you do for Thanksgiving?

This first card is for The Ribbon Reel ...






 All cardstock is from Papertrey Ink. I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder. All stamps are from Waltzingmouse. I used black ink from Hero Arts. The pink twine is from The Ribbon Reel. The blue crochet trim is Recollections, the yellow crochet trim is from Flourishes.
 
 I used Copic Markers in Y21, YR02, B21 and R81. I added some pink glitter to the mittens and some buttons.
 
 
For this next card, I am playing along with The Play Date Cafe. ...
 
 
For this card I used white cardstock from PTI, the pink cs is from Stampin' Up!  Tyhe snowflake stamps are Martha Stewart...I LOVE them!!! The sentiment is from The Craft's Meow. I used black ink from Hero Arts and weathered wood distress ink.

The leaves, berry and pine cone are from Michaels. The twine is from The Ribbon Reel. The tag punch is from Fiskars. The green ribbon is from Michaels. I can't recall where the burlap trim is from. I scattered some gems from Recollections.


Thanks for stopping by!

I'm coming around to play catch up....

Michelle

 
 
 
 







16 comments:

Lisa said...

What delightful cards Michelle! Love the touch of sparkle on your mittens and those michales goodies clustered on your second are so PRETTY. Great layers and textures on this one too.

Wow 22 people is a bunch! We usually have around 14 but this year there will be 8 of us. So few I don't know what to do with myself LOL! A Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. Hope you find those artichokes!!!

Rosemary said...

both cards are just lovely... the mittens on the first one are soo sweet!

Tracey McNeely said...

Michelle both of your cards are so lovely Michelle, I love the bit of sparkle on the mittens and your embellishments on the second card beautiful.

Ros Crawford said...

Oh my ... two more beauties here ... perfectly embellished ... good luck with your artichokes!

Kelly S. said...

Look at those pretty pastel mittens! So cute with the snowy dotted embossing in the background. Love the soft colors on the second...and the lovely pink berry and acorn! I must find fun embellishments like those on my early morning Black Friday crafty run :). Happy Thanksgiving, Michelle!

Alicia said...

Between the mittens and the card, I'm not sure which I love more! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe this week, :).

Marybeth said...

Two beautiful cards Michelle. Love the mittens and the little tag with tiny ornaments......so pretty! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving ! Hope you find the perfect artichokes...smile.

Jeanne J said...

Your mittens are COZY - perfect sentiment here and I love the elegance and fancy details on the second. They are such contrast of each other - great way to show off your style - casual and elegant!

Stella said...

Two handmade gems; I love the cozy look of your card with the mittens and the second card...spot on the colors. A perfect and lovely mix of snowflakes and elegant embellishments!

Cathy Weber said...

Such cute mittens Michelle...love the crochet trim along the top and the touch of sparkle on the hearts.

Maria said...

Sweet cozy mittens on the first card...too CUTE! And, second card has lovely snowflake background with beautiful trims!

Teresa Kline said...

these are both sooooo adorable...sweet cards...hope you have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Wonderful take on both sketches - so sweet and cozy! Thanks for playing with us at WMSC, hugs, Karin

Kim said...

I just love your sweet pair of mittens...so cute. I love your choice of colors and that blue trim at the top looks so pretty.

Anne-Elise said...

Gorgeous cards, Michelle! Love both of them! The mittens are so cute and the snowflake background is fabulous! Happy Thanksgiving! Hugs

anya said...

Very elegant card, Michelle! I love the addition of the berry and acorn to add a pop of pink! Glad you could join us for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge!