Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Every day is a gift

Hello all!

Well, hurricane sandy came and went....but not before leaving thousands of people devastated! The loss of life, homes and personal belongings is immeasurable! My heart goes out to those who lost loved ones and their houses. I'll be praying for you. I was lucky enough to only lose power for a day and a half. My mother and brother were among the many whose homes were destroyed from the surging and rising tide of the Atlantic. If you can, please donate money to the Red Cross.

On a happy note, I would like to share some cards I made ....


The first on is for Dynamic Duos   

and Moxie Fabs canvas, cork and burlap challenge...

 










 
For this card I used cardstock from Papertrey Ink. The floral wreath and bow stamps are from Flourishes Stamps. The sentiment is also PTI. I used cup o' joe ink from Hero Arts. The white bell and gems are from Michaels. The burlap is from Emma's Paperie. The twine is from The Twinery. The leaf dies are from My Favorite Things Stamps. I used Copic Markers in Y02 and Y35.
 
 


This next card is for CR84FN        
and
 
 
 
Here is what I created...
 




The pattern paper is from My Mind's Eye. The white cardstock and sentiment are from Papertrey Ink. The banner was cut using a Spellbinders die. The background text stamp and ornaments stamp are Hero Arts. I used black ink and soft sand ink from Hero Arts also. I colored the ornaments with Copic Markers in E51 and N3. I added some liquid pearls and silver glitter. I used vintage cream ink from PTI to distress the edges and add color to the banner.  The twine is from The Twinery. Gems are from Michaels.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Michelle
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
   
 
 


17 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Michelle both are beautiful cards. I love your jingle bell and those lovely ornaments.

Lesley said...

Beautiful cards Michelle, love the burlap.

Lisa said...

Michelle I am so happy you and your family are okay. And I am so sorry for you mother and brother, my prayers continue for all .

On a happy note your cards are lovely. What a sweet wreath that is. And those ornaments are just beautiful!! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Both of your cards are fabulous! Love all the ornaments and banner sentiment! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Rosemary said...

both cards are gorgeous, michelle! i love the way you combined all the elements on the first card... so beautiful! love the banner on the second one.

Robin K. said...

Michelle- I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to your mom's and brother's homes. My heart goes out to them:). Glad to hear you only lost power for a short time. We were fortunate here - only heavy rains and winds. Our lights flickered a few times but we never lost power.
Both of your cards are lovely! I especially love the color palette of the second one. Hugs, Robin:)

Deborah Frings said...

Your cards are just lovely. I think the pretty baubles look fabulous. Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN this week.

I'm pleased to hear that you got through Sandy, but so sorry to hear about your Mum and Brother. Keeping you all in my thoughts.

Helen said...

Oh my goodness - glad to hear that you survived the storm Michelle and hope your mum & brother will be OK. Your cards are amazing. Beautiful stamping and colouring on the first and how cute are those jingle bells! Love your interpretation of the sketch on the second card too - those baubles are so pretty! Wonderful x

Anni said...

That wreath is so beautiful and I love love loev the ribbon and the bell!
So glad you joined the fun over at Dynamic Duos!
Anni

Aimee Cretsinger said...

Beautiful! I love all the accents you added and especially your wreath! Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us this week at Dyanmic Duos!

JD said...

So sorry to read about your Mother and brother's homes...They are in my thoughts and prayers...
Your cards are all lovely and creative. Nicely done.

Claire said...

Glad to hear you and your loved ones are safe and well Michelle, but so sorry to hear your family have had their homes destroyed.

Both are absolutely beautiful - particularly the way you interpreted the sketch for the Christmas one. Such an unusual Christmas colour combo but it looks gorgeous!

Anne-Elise said...

Both cards are gorgeous, Michelle! Glad to hear that your family is safe but so sorry for your mother and brother. You are all in my thoughts. Big hugs

Patrice said...

Great card - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/11/52-card-pickup-week-44.html

Maria said...

Beautiful cards with such pretty soft colors! So sorry to hear about your Mom and brother's homes! My thoughts and prayers to out to them! I hope things improve soon for them. Take care, hugs!

Arielle ~ SnappyStamper said...

WOW - both these cards are just gorgeous! Great take on the RetroSketch - Thanks so much for playing with us!

Pauline said...

Just beautiful Michelle, I love the image of the dangly christmas baubles.
Thanks for joining us at CR84FN this week!