Sunday, October 28, 2012

Best Friend

Hello!

How are you today?
Are you in the midst of hurricane Sandy?

Today I am guest designer over in The Shabby Tea Room....

Isn't she adorable!
This week we are to use the colors in the photo and a flower.
 
 
I used stamps from Paper Sweeties, Abigail  and  Banner Wishes.  All pattern papers are from My Mind's Eye.

I made toothpick pennants with the banner stamps. The twine and buttons are from Papertrey Ink. The seam binding is also from Paper Sweeties, ambrosia cantalope.  The tiny rosebud flowers are from Recollections. I used black ink from Hero Arts.













I used Copic Markers in E23, E50, E51, R81 and YR02. I made Abigails's dress from two paper flower petals. I inked them up with sweet melon ink from Color Box. I made her a little belt from the same seam binding. I added some liquid pearls to her eyes for some dimension. The label she sits on is a Spellbinders die.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Michelle






9 comments:

Tracey said...

Adorable card Michelle.....your little paper Sweetie is so pretty.

Thinking of you in the storm, stay safe! We have been watching it on the TV here.

Rebecca Deeprose said...

A really cutie/sweetie! Love the auburn hair and fancy dress. So cute! and so glad you're joining us as GD! Stay safe~ Hugs

Starr said...

Welcome to TSTR, your card is so adorable, I love the little flags!
Take care!

Marybeth said...

Michelle, I love the little card you came up with! Oh my gosh that photo is adorable and so is the card you made. You did a wonderful job using the Sweetie! Love your bow too. Congrats on being GD.

Ros Crawford said...

As always your card is beautiful ... congrats on your design spot ... I hope you are safe

Lisa said...

Ooooh isn't this little girl a doll!! Your card is pretty darn cute too Michelle. Thinking of you as it rains and blows here. You're in my prayers, be safe.

Maria said...

So sweet and adorable! You made a lovely card with fab embellies! Big congrats on being guest designer and your win last week for the fab entry with the stunning star! Take care, hugs!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Eek! I love your take on that ADORABLE inspiration photo, Michelle! Big congrats on being a guest designer, too. :)

Are you okay from the storm? Did you lose power? Write to me when you get a chance, 'kay?

JD said...

That pic is one of the cutest I've seen, And you've done a fabulous job making a card using that for inspiration.