Saturday, September 1, 2012

Some fun challenges...

Hey there!
Hope you are enjoying your labor day ( hopefully labor free ) weekend!
I was just chilling out today creating some cards for challenges.


The first card is for CASology ...

 

For this card I chose a stamp from Heartfelt Creations. I used crushed olive distress ink and added perfect pearls in pink to the chairs and table.  The white cardstock is from Papertrey Ink.

The pattern paper is digital from Two Peas in a Pod. I used a border punch from Martha Stewart. I also added some raised dots with my scor pal and scor bug. The twine, button and sentiment are also from PTI. The black ink is Hero Arts.


For my next card I used the sketch from Waltzingmouse  Sketch Challenge

Here is what I created...
I caught a glimpse of their new stamp sets that going to be released and I have to say...OMG...I cannot wait to get my hands on them!!!!   For this card I used pattern papers from My Mind's Eye, cardstock from Papertrey Ink. All stamps are Waltzingmouse.  I embossed the kraft with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. The scalloped border punch and corner rounder are Fiskars.


I used inks from PTI, melon berry and ocean tides. I added perfect pearls to the star and pearls to the sentiment. The gingham ribbon is from Michaels. The twine is from The Ribbon Reel.

Thanks for stopping by!

Michelle

20 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

Your first card has such a soft feel to it, who wouldn't be relaxed!? I love your colors and those great stamps on the second card. You've created a beautiful blend between the ribbon, embossed kraft, colors, and images.

Deborah Frings said...

Both cards are super. I really like the garden scene on your first card. But your Christmas card with the WMS sketch is just stunning - such pretty colours and texture too! Lovely work!

Ardyth said...

Both cards are gorgeous! Love how the pretty dp ties together with your garden image - thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

Rosemary said...

as always your cards are so beautiful michelle! your CASology is lovely... thanks for playing along with us this week!

Jean said...

Both cards are lovely ~ your stamp on the first one is just beautiful and very relaxing!

Lisa said...

What a pretty pair of cards Michelle! The little chairs in the first are so welcoming and I like the star ornament on your second!

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is so pretty, I luv the WM card...hope you have a fabulous week!

enjoy *~*

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful cards Michelle .. i always love to see your creations

Marybeth said...

Both are beautiful! The first is very soothing and relaxing. Sweet star on the WM card.

Marybeth said...

PS. love the sentiment on your second card.

Tracey McNeely said...

Both are such beautiful cards Michelle, the colours are so soothing. Thanks for joining us this week at CASology!

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is GREAT! The dimension you have in your star is so eye catching...and I love the muted background images as well. Nicely done, Michelle. Thanks so much for playing along with the Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge this week!

-Aneta- said...

your christmas card is stunning !! amazing colours ..I love pastels ..Michelle ..as allways amazing card !

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Oh -this is beautiful!!! LOVE the colors you've used - so different, but so beautiful for Christmas! - and such a great take on the sketch too - love it!
Thanks for playing with us at WMSC, hugs, Karin

Jeanne J said...

Michelle I am lovin that WM card. The mistletoe background is AMAZING! So pretty! The star and the sentiment are perfect!

Maria said...

Very lovely cards, Michelle! Lovely outdoor scene with the stamp in the first card with gorgeous paper! Second card is so pretty with the star and pearls! Take care, hugs!

Kelly S. said...

Another beautiful Christmas card in a wonderful color scheme, Michelle! Love the peachy mistletoe leaves and the gorgeous layered star. The paper and stitching on your first card are just perfect with the tea party theme!

Julia Aston said...

2 lovely cards Michelle - I love the colors you used on the WMS sketch card - with the pretty star and mistletoe background stampings!

Anne-Elise said...

Beautiful cards, Michelle! Love the border you used in the first card and the gorgeous star with the pretty bakground in the second! Great work!

Jean Martin said...

Michelle OMGoodness!!!!! I love your cards!!!! Specially your submission for WMS!!! It's beautiful! My favorite so far! :) Thanks for joining us over at the WMS! Looking forward to seeing more of your submissions! :)