Monday, August 13, 2012

You brighten my day

Hello gals!

What have you been up to?   Just the typical stuff here...laundry, dusting, vacuuming, etc....
Hope your day had more excitement!

Well anyway, I do have a card to share with you.


I used the color combo from Dynamic Duos







And I am also entering this into CASE Study...
They are celebrating their 2nd anniversary and the theme this week is to do something you don't typically do. For me, this card design is from my own sketch. I usually follow a sketch when creating a card...it's just easier for me. This time I made my own sketch.


Here is what I created.
My colors aren't an exact match...













         All cardstock are from Papertrey Ink. The large background damask stamp is Hero Arts. I inked that up with olive pastel chalk ink from Color Box. I trimmed a banner from white cs I embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. The banner is a Spellbinder's die. I inked that up with shabby pink ink from Color Box. The sentiment is PTI. I used black ink from Memories.
         The flowers and leaves were created using dies from Spellbinders. To crinkle them, I used a technique forund here . They are even more beautiful in person!
         I embellished the card with some stitching, buttons from PTI and a gem flourish from Zva Creative.

Thanks for stopping by!

Michelle 
           

10 comments:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

You have a knack for sketches, that's for sure! This card is absolutely fantastic :) Thanks for joining us at CASE Study Anniversary celebrations! xxx

Lisa said...

Lovely card Michelle and great job with your sketch! The paper and flowers give this a soft vintage look.

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful design with those colours Michelle.

Maria said...

So so pretty! Love the green and pink together! Gorgeous flowers that look so real! Beautiful background paper, buttons, and gems for this lovely card, Michelle! Take care, hugs!

Anni said...

The flowers are stunning! I love the swirl of pearls you added!
Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!
Anni

Rosemary said...

gorgeous card, michelle!! love how you used the dynamic duos colors!!

Jean Martin said...

Beautiful sketch and beautiful card Michelle! Thanks for joining us over at CASE Study Challenge! :)

Marie said...

Beautiful card, Michelle. The sketch is fantastic. I might have to CASE this!

Allisa said...

Great card, love the cluster of flowers! Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

Paige said...

So pretty - the flowers, the bling, the buttons! So happy you joined us this week at Dynamic Duos!