Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Merry Christmas

Hi there!

Hope your weekend went well. My family and I went crabbing last sunday. Well, it wasn't so good. We only caught  24 crabs. The owners of the crabbing place, called Sea Breeze, told us that in early May people were catching crabs by the bushels!  However, the sauce was delicious and the kids loved cracking crabs!!!

I have a few cards to share with you but I won't bombard you with them all tonight.

Tonight's card is for Waltzingmouse   Sketch Challenge


and I am also using the color palette from CR84FN


Here is what I created...

Yes, it's a Christmas card!  The pine cones have quickly become a new favorite stamp set of mine from Waltzingmouse Stamps!  To create the backgrounds I used shadow inks from Hero Arts, soft brown and soft sand. For the top panel, I stamped over the pincone images with sour apple chalk ink from Color Box.  The crochet trim is Recollections.

All cardstock, sentiment and twine are from Papertrey Ink.  The sentiment was stamped using Chestnut roan chalk ink from Color Box.  The silver bells, gems and ribbon are from Michaels. The branches were cut using Spellbinders dies. I added some straight stitches and inked the edges.

Thanks for stopping by!
I'll be back soon with some more cards!

Michelle



22 comments:

Lisa said...

This is just the most pleasant card Michelle! It makes me smile ~ love the little jingle bells and pine sprigs...a delight!

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a beautiful and sweet Christmas card Michelle.

Rosemary said...

wow... this is absolutely gorgeous, michelle!! love the little bells!

Pauline said...

Beautiful Christmas card Michelle, a great use of these pine cones!
Thanks for joining us at Cr84FN this week!

Marie said...

Wonderful pine cones, Michelle. Love seeing Christmas cards in non traditional colors.

Kate said...

What a pretty card love the colours. Really love those bells - though a little tricky to post I'm guessing. I've been looking for bells for the August WMSCCC - Sleigh Bells Ring!

Skye said...

A lovely card. Nice colour combinationa and I love the pinecones and the little bells.

Jeanne J said...

This is so pretty - I love the soft colors that give this a vintage feel (to me). The pinecones are perfectly placed and I love the bit of bling. I only went crabbing once and it was great fun!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So pretty Michelle! I love the beautifully stamped WM pinecones and the sprig of pine! Thanks so much for joining along with CR84FN and the WMSC :)

Robin K. said...

Glad you and your family had fun crabbing despite the smaller haul:). I looooooooove your card!!!! The colors are so beautiful for a Christmas card!! These cooler temps have finally put me in the mood to create them:)

Kelly S. said...

So fresh and fun, Michelle! I absolutely love the pinecones in those colors! Such a light wintery feel to this, and the embellishing is my favorite kind...twine, lace, a bit of sparkle, and the very necessary JINGLE BELL! Such a pretty card!

Claire Brennan said...

Oh wow!! stunning!! pinning this!!!

Julia Aston said...

So Pretty with the blue and tan - I just love the pinecones!

Marybeth said...

This is so pretty love the pine ones in the softer colors. The silver bells go so well with this card.beautiful Michelle

Kim Duran said...

There is just something so lovely about the colors of your card. Still Christmasy but softer and so dreamy. Total gorgeousness (is that even a word?).

Jean Martin said...

Michelle!!!! This is drool worthy! lol! LOVE it! Thanks for sharing this with us at WMSC! :)

Edna Morrisedie said...

Love this the subtle tones r FABBY! Tks for playing along!

Deborah Frings said...

Such a lovely Christmas card - I love the beautiful shading on the pine cones. And the sweet jingle bells too. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Jill Norwood said...

Your card is gorgeous! Love it! I am going to have to get this set before the holidays! Congratulations on winnning this week! :)

Vickie Z said...

Fabulous Xmas card! Love the colors and images! Congrats on your win!

Ren-Yi said...

hiya Michelle - this is fabulous! Love how you created such a fabulous soft tone. What a well-deserved Top Mouse spot. Congrats on your win! :)

sooofullofcraft said...

So soft and lovely, I love the die cut embellishment at the top, it adds elegance to the whole card. Those colors are worthy of interior design for a sanctuary of a bedroom, I agree with others here - drool. {grin}