Saturday, August 18, 2012

Home Sweet Home

Hello there!

            I'm just here putting away some laundry and packing up a cooler for a trip we are taking early in the morning to Tom's River, NJ to do some crabbing! We leave at 5 am, rent some boats and crab for about 4 hours. Some years be catch an abundance and some years it's a total bust. Keep your fingers crossed that it's a good year! I can smell the crab sauce already!!

Onto my card for today...

I'm playing along with iSpy Sketches for the first time.  Here is the sketch...

Here is my card...

The pattern papers are from the Simple Stories 6x6 Fabulous paper pad. I love the bold colors and soft patterns!  The flower is Prima and I added some glitter to the heart 'peep' hole.  All edges were distressed using weathered wood distress ink. Kraft cardstock is Papertrey Ink.

The trio of birdhouses stamp and sentiment are from Papertrey Ink. The birdhouse was stamped using chestnut roan Color Box chalk ink. I colored it in with Copic markers in YR04, Y35, G25, BG13 and RV25. The black ink is Memories from Hero Arts.

Thanks for stopping by!

Michelle

8 comments:

Robin K. said...

Ok-when's dinner?!!! I'll be squeezing that your trip is a successful one!! Your card is sooooooo sweet Michelle!! Those pp's are perfect with the birdhouses!!

Maria said...

Hope you have fun on your trip fishing for crabs...sounds fun! Your card is very pretty with the little bird houses and gorgeous paper! Love the banners! Take care and have fun...hugs!

Lisa said...

This is so happy and cheerful Michelle! Good luck with the crabbing trip!!!

Ros Crawford said...

Fabulous combination of colour Michelle ... I hope your trip is successful ... Enjoy!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Pretty bright colors and great pattern mixture. Thanks for joining in at I Spy~

Rosemary said...

beautiful card, michelle!! perfect take on the sketch!

Vickie Z said...

Love the bright colors and the bird house are perfect with them!!! Hope the crabbing was good....sounds like fun!!!

Kim Teasdale said...

Such a fun card and I love your fabulous colour combo! Thanks for playing along with us over at iSpy Sketches!