Monday, August 27, 2012

Happy Birthday

Hey there friends!

How are you? 
I've been keeping busy with soccer tournements in Atlantic City, family gatherings and and the very addictive Words with Friends! Sometimes my battery dies before the game ends!

The card I am sharing with you tonight is for two challenges...

I followed the sketch from Waltzingmouse    Sketch Challenge

and I used the beautiful colors found in this wonderful inspiration photo from

Just Us Girls










      Here is what I created...


Sorry for the poor lighting. I wasn't able to take the photo during the day, so I took some snap shots in the bathroom...slightly better lighting than the kitchen. :)


The card base is rustic cream cardstock from Papertrey Ink. I embossed a center panel with a Cuttlebug embossing panel. The flowers and leaves are Waltzingmouse Stamps. The pattern papers are Simple Stories.

 
  
The sentiment is from PTI. I used black ink from Hero Arts. The crochet trim and pearls are from Recollections. I added some faux stitches around the edges with a white gel pen then distressed the edges with vintage cream ink from PTI. I also added perfect pearls to the center of the flowers.

Thanks for stopping by tonight!

Michelle

16 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Michelle.

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful once again Michelle ... love the flowers

Kara Lynne said...

So gorgeous, Michelle! I love the embossed center and how it follows the sketch. The crochet detail is darling and I'm in love with the paper you chose for the flowers!

Lisa said...

Wow OH wow do I LOVE your soft plaid flowers!! What a pretty feminine card Michelle. have a great day ;)

Rosemary said...

so soft and beautiful, michelle!!

Jeanne J said...

Michelle - Wow the plaid flowers are stunning! Realy unique and original! Love the soft colors and that pretty pink lace trim with the pearls! SO feminine!

Pam said...

Beautiful card. Love the soft colors. TFS

Teresa Kline said...

wow, Iadore your card, the row of pearls are super sweet...Hope you have a wonderful week!

enjoy *~*

Kim said...

Those plaid flowers are so stunning and your colors are just so sweet, makes for a fabulous card.

Kelly S. said...

Plaid roses...LOVE THEM, Michelle! So perfect with the tiny bit of pink lace and the pearls. What a great card inspired by both challenges...so soft and sweet. I am soooo happy that you have had the chance to play along with the WMSC so often lately! Your creations are FAB!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What a beauty, Michelle! I love your plaid roses!!

Lynn said...

This is beautiful...I love the stamping on the patterned paper and the row of pearls. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

Deborah Frings said...

Just love these plaid roses, with really pretty colours too! The pearl trim is fab!

Vickie Z said...

Love those plaid flowers!!! Soft colors, lace, and pearls are wonderful!

Anne-Elise said...

Beautiful card, Michelle! Love this stamp set, I used it too! Have a nice week-end!

Lenet said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at WMSC