Monday, August 6, 2012

Birthday cards...

Hello my friends!

I have a couple of cards to share with you today.

The first card is for The Play Date Cafe

Here is my card...
The pattern papers are digital from Etsy....here.
I used one of the banner dies from Papertrey Inks build a banner set to create the scalloped layers. The small wood grain stamp and sentiment are also PTI. The ribbon and pins are from Joanns.  The felt is PTI. The flower and leaf dies are Die-Namics from My Favorite Things Stamps.  Inks are warm red and peacock from Color Box and black ink from Memories.










      



For this next card....

Embellish Magazine is where these beautiful colors are from...

Here is what I created...

The colors became a bit muted after I sprayed them with a mixture of water and perfect pearls. The butterfly stamp is from My Favorite Things Stamps. I embossed it with white embossing powder then inked the background with bundled sage, victorian velvet, faded jeans and tumbled glass distress inks. Black ink is Memories. Cardstock, button and twine are PTI.


Thanks for stopping by today!

Michelle

                                                                                                    

13 comments:

Lisa said...

Love your softer take on both of these color challenges Michelle. Your layered scallops are just gorgeous! Marvelous work!

Rosemary said...

both cards are just beautiful, michelle!!

Maria said...

Amazing cards, Michelle! Love the layers of scallops on the first card. And, lovely embossed white butterfly with beautiful inked background on second card, so pretty! You are rockin' the white background cards lately...great job!

Anja (scrappie) said...

Wow amazing cards love that first one.

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful beautiful cards ... I just love your design skills not to mention your talent

Helen said...

Beautiful cards Michelle - lovely colour combos too!

anya said...

Beautiful! The scalloped layers are so fun - they add great texture to the card. So glad you joined us for this week's challenge at The Play Date Cafe!

Stella said...

Looking at your cards i can only come up wtih two things; your cards are stunning and you are so very talented!

Robin K. said...

I don't know which card I like better!! They are both equally amazing!! Loooooove the scallops on the first and the inking on the second!!

Alicia said...

Those circle scallops are super darling! Pretty ribbon too. ~ Thanks for playing along at The Play Date Cafe, see you next time!

~amy~ said...

Lovely work! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Jean said...

They are both beautiful ~ I really like the soft, gentle feeling of the second one!

Colleen Dietrich said...

That scalloped layer card is just the ultimate! I thought at first they were punched circles, all layered up. I guess that might work, too. The mix of patterns is superb.