Sunday, August 5, 2012

A banner tutorial....

Good afternoon all!

I have a tutorial I want to share with you on how I made toothpick banners. The are easy, fun and always good to have around when your project seems to be 'missing something'!

                                                                   Hope you enjoy!

These are the materials you need to start with...

Choose pattern papers with a small scale design.  Two and a half inch round wood toothpicks. A square punch, adhesive and distress ink.

Trim a piece of paper to measure 1 inch in width and 4 inches in length.



Fold in half. Use the square punch to create the 'tails' in the flag. Be sure not to cut the creased side.

Open banner and add adhesive to the center. More where the toothpick will lay. Fold over so all corners meet and hold for a few seconds.

                                         Ink the edges and add your favorite embellishments.

Aren't these sweet! A perfect embellishment for cards, cupcakes, etc.....

Here is a card I posted yesterday in which I stamped the banner with a sentiment...


Thanks for stopping by today!

Michelle


3 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Great tutorial ... I wouldn't have thought to use a square punch ... not that I have one ... Live your little banners

Stella said...

Thanks for the brilliant tutorial!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, thank you for that easy tutorial! I always wondered how people got perfect notches on these banners...now I know. :)