Monday, July 9, 2012

The Shabby Tea Room Guest Designer

Good morning all!

Thanks for stopping by again!

This week I have the pleasure of being Guest Designer over at
The Shabby Tea Room

Here is this week's  photo inspiration...
We have to use white/cream, kraft, pink and lace.


Here is what I created...

I loved the distressed wood so much I wanted to recreate it. I used white cardstock from Papertrey Ink and rubbed it down with pumice stone and frayed burlap distress inks, wild hare from Color Box and fresh snow from PTI.  After you get the desired effect draw straight lines with a ruler and marker to create the wood planks.

I then used a leaf flourish stamp from Hero Arts and embossed it with pink embossing powder.  I made a banner from white and kraft cs from PTI. Embossed it with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. The pink twine is from The Ribbon Reel. Gems and pearls are from Recollections.


The lace is from Flourishes. I straight stitched and gathered it to resemble a doily.  The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. More twine from The Ribbon reel. Button is also PTI. The leaves were made using dies from My Favorite Things Stamps. The tag punch is Mc Gill. The sentiment is PTI.


Thanks for peeking today!


Michelle





12 comments:

Kara Lynne said...

I saw this picture and thought immediately of the boards, then I scrolled down and there they were! Beautiful card, Michelle, I love the way you used the lace behind the flowers.

Tracey McNeely said...

Just beautiful Michelle, you are a busy lady this month--congrats!

Rosemary said...

congrats on another guest dt spot!! another absolutely amazing card!!

jacirascrap said...

Sua recriação da madeira é bonita demais!!

Stella said...

The touch of pink combined with neutrals is beautiful. teh design of your card is gorgeous. Another handmade beauty :)

Robin K. said...

Congrats on another DT guest spot Michelle! I absolutely love how you created the "boards" and the doily shape with the lace! So creative and beautiful!

Karen said...

love your card and how you added the distressing...

Lisa said...

Gorgeous creation Michelle congrats on you DT spot!!

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Beautiful Michelle! I love the whitewashed wood planks against the stunning bouquet and that lace... gorgeous! BIG CONGRATS on guest designing!!!

butterfly said...

Lovely elegant card, so pretty!
Alison x

Kathy said...

What a great job creating the wood plank paper, Michelle...I had no idea it was "hand inked" until I read your description! Such a beautiful card!

Tracey said...

I love how you create your own wood plank paper.......I need to try this. Beautiful card, your flower clusters are always so pretty:)