Monday, July 23, 2012

Congratulations

Hello everyone!
It's around 4:30 in the afternoon here in New York....it just started to rain with some thunder. I'm supposed to take my daughter to soccer practice ( rain or shine) unless we see lightning strikes!
So I'm keeping my finger crossed for some lightning.  I shouldn't feel that way beacuse my daughter just told me she wants to play for the United States Olympic Soccer Team...so lots of hard work and training are ahead of us! She is a very determined young lady!

The card I am shaing with you was made using the colors from


The Play Date Cafe











Here is what I came up with

The cardstock is from Papertrey Ink. I masked the rose stamp and leaf from Waltzingmouse Stamps. I watercolored them using a combination of chalk inks from Color Box, tangerine and rouge. The leaves were colored using Copic marker YG11. I inked the die cut tag with soft yellow shadow ink from Hero Arts.

The senitmnet is from W Plus 9 Stamps. I used black ink from Memories. The large die is Sizzix and I bought on sale at  Joanns.... great price!  The smaller scroll dies are Spellbinders.  The ribbon  and gems are from Michaels.

Well, thanks for stopping by!

Michelle



                     

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Oooo...PRETTY Michelle! My SIL LOVES orange roses (I know yours are really coral, but you get the idea)anywho she would LOVE to receive this pretty card!

Robin K. said...

Such a pretty design Michelle!! Love how you used the scroll die cut pieces and those roses are soooooo pretty!! We're supposed to get a thunderstorm later this evening-we so need the rain!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful Michelle, you did such a lovely job with those colours. We just got in from my daughter's soccer game--humid and crazy dark clouds but no lightning. So we endured the 1 1/2 hour game.

Kara Lynne said...

Wish my girls were that determined. They get all excited if they wake up to rain which means no tennis lessons! I love the length of this card. It has a "banner" feel to it, and adds to the beauty. Gorgeous positioning of those roses too!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I admire your DD's determination. :) Hope she makes it to the Olympics someday, Michelle.

I really like the roses you used on this card. They are different and so pretty.

I'm glad you linked up with us this week at The Play Date CAfe!

Ros Crawford said...

Gorgeous!! wonderful design and beautifully done